Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming deer

I think I read that they are 1:1000. lol That puts it in prospective.

All jokes aside man if you truly want a 200" mulie those are not the best states for that. Western WY can grow some great deer but that's a damn big goal that one could hunt a lifetime without achieving .
Study up on point creep WY is seeing it big time right now. MT doesn't have any units putting out good numbers of that type deer on a consistent basis. Sure one pops up here and there that can happen anywhere.

If you are set on that magical 200" number, better be looking at guided hunts in Sonora Mexico, Jicarilla Res. in NM, or Alberta, and setting aside $3K a Year in a hi yield mutual fund. in 10 years you might have enough money to pay for a hunt where you might see one of that size.

I guess my post didn't come off as I intended. Yes I know how rare a 200in buck is and no I dont ever expect to kill one. I'm just trying to figure out if paying that money every year is worth it. I'm not rich and work hard for my money. I know 40 a year isnt bad but I do put in for other species and in multiple states. I also put my wife in for everything I apply for. So yes it does add up. Simply trying to decide if the comment is worth it. Trying to decide if I would be rewarded with a "once in a lifetime" hunt

I guess my post didn't come off as I intended. Yes I know how rare a 200in buck is and no I dont ever expect to kill one. I'm just trying to figure out if paying that money every year is worth it. I'm not rich and work hard for my money. I know 40 a year isnt bad but I do put in for other species and in multiple states. I also put my wife in for everything I apply for. So yes it does add up. Simply trying to decide if the comment is worth it. Trying to decide if I would be rewarded with a "once in a lifetime" hunt
Don't bother with Wyoming if you only are going to go once. You know what is a OIL hunt State ? Utah.

After reading this I'll simply say NO it isn't worth it for ya man if your set on a buck of that size. Also to add to that you would have to be darn lucky to draw a primo tag in either state within 10 years.

Most people after applying for 20 plus years are disappointed in the hunt as they expect to kill a 200 inches because they waited and the hunt just doesn’t satisfy them. Other states have great hunts but not the quality of deer that the strip has. They are great hunts for other reasons.

AZ Governors rag normally sells for 230k, that’s one way to get a slam dunk 200 inch deer

10 years from now the demand for tags vs actual tags available will essentially make all hunts once in a ife time.

The outdoor marketing machine, including this website have got more people geeked up to be hunters, than there are places, and animals to hunt.

I have hunted deer all my life since I was 16 and only 200" deer I have ever seen was mounted on someone's wall. I have never seen one in the wild.

I have hunted deer all my life since I was 16 and only 200" deer I have ever seen was mounted on someone's wall. I have never seen one in the wild.

I found one side of a set of sheds this spring where if the other side matches it would probably go 200. First time holding anything like it with 35 years of hunting under my belt.

I found one side of a set of sheds this spring where if the other side matches it would probably go 200. First time holding anything like it with 35 years of hunting under my belt.
I should also add that I am primarily a meat hunter. I am not likely to spend the time and effort in areas where the monster mulies hang out. Monster mulies do not really have the best quality meat which is what I am after. I generally go where I am likely to find the most deer, buck or doe. But still, I have only seen a 200" class buck on someone's wall once.

Unless you are already at max points in Wyoming, chances of EVER drawing a LE tag in primo unit are close to zilch. I missed one year and I am doomed.
Even the top end regional General tags take twice the points required just from a few years ago. In those units you better be prepared to hunt your tail off
to find that .001% buck of a lifetime.

Even in Wyoming’s top deer areas, Region G, 87, 90, etc, the odds of killing a 200 inch buck are very low. However there are a few killed every year. Just get a tag, have fun, but try to have reasonable expectations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back