Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming craft beer

Wyoming hits above its weight in craft brewing.

Laramie: Coal Creek, The Library, Altitude, and Bonds Brewing.

Snowy Mountain Brewery in Saratoga.

Snake River and Melvin if you're in the fancy part of the state.

Gruner Bros in Casper.

The punching machine was broken in the library about 10 years ago. I watched 2 guys in suits take turns punching each other in the stomach to see who was tougher. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. That was when the library was across from campus, that building is something else now. Or else I partook too much and forgot where it was in the first place.

The punching machine was broken in the library about 10 years ago. I watched 2 guys in suits take turns punching each other in the stomach to see who was tougher. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. That was when the library was across from campus, that building is something else now. Or else I partook too much and forgot where it was in the first place.
I think its O'Dwyers now

I second the black tooth brewing. They’re in Sheridan I believe. But there’s some places in Casper you can get it on tap. There’s also Gruner brothers in Casper which is good, and another new one over behind sportsman’s warehouse. They just invite a food truck though for their food. If you happen to see the “I scream wings” trucks, hit them up for wings and awesome garlic fries.

So with a pinch of luck and prior year draw odds I should be able to pull a tag for 2021. My wife and I will be out in wyoming for 12 days, mostly hunting as I am assuming it will take a bit to fill my tag. We will take a couple days off for a visit to Saratoga to soak in the hot springs and the brewery. I love craft beer, especially IPA’s(no man bun and I don’t own 6.5 CM). I am from Michigan, an hour north of self proclaimed Beer City USA. home of the grand daddy brewery Bells and Founders and Perrin and the list goes on and on. We will be in the south central wyoming. Any specific breweries that hit a home run? My definition of home run is not only good to great beer but also good to great food. Anything worth visiting in Laramie or Cheyenne or Casper or Douglas or anywhere within a few hours. Hek, I supposed it’s somewhat possible to tag out early and would leave time to even visit the western side of wyoming for beer. Thanks in advance

Brian
Sounds like you're going to mix a little hunting in with your craft beer quest. LOL

Sounds like you're going to mix a little hunting in with your craft beer quest. LOL
Yes. Goal #1 to walk the scenery with a rifle and with my wife and see an elk in the wild on the hoof( I may have seen a cow elk along I75 in northern Michigan but I was driving 80 ish mph and no one else was in my car for proof or verification). Goal #2 harvest an elk. Goal #3 more breweries in my portfolio wether it’s 1 or 5 in wyoming. Goal # 3.5 soak in a hot spring with my wife. I have 12 days to get this done. Dead elk? Maybe. See an elk? Possibly, cold craft beer in a brew house? I’d say the odds are 100%. That’s a minimum of 33% success barring any disaster between now and next October! Thanks again for the replies

Windy peaks is in Wheatland and has some great food and beer. Sheridan has Black Tooth, Luminous, and Smith Alley breweries

If I were you I would take my beer to Saratoga, can't recc. their brewery, I know some things about it.
Accomplice is also open in Laramie now.
The Library has cans now too.
You will not find the local craft beers in stores for the most part, only the bigger breweries are available in stores. You'll have to visit the breweries to get the smaller breweries beer. Growlers and cans though to be had.

Don't Forget Wind River https://windriverbrewingco.com/beers

rs=w:400,cg:true

e

^ Truth. OEB, Wyoming Whiskey in Kirby (the Wilderness is amazing) and Ten Sleep Brewing are your winners in that area

OEB is a favorite between my wife and I. Also a for sure thing to take someone to when they are here visiting us. TSB is pretty great! Neat views, good place, the owner is very fun to sit and chat with, and their beer is good! Still gotta make it to Kirby and WW.

So with a pinch of luck and prior year draw odds I should be able to pull a tag for 2021. My wife and I will be out in wyoming for 12 days, mostly hunting as I am assuming it will take a bit to fill my tag. We will take a couple days off for a visit to Saratoga to soak in the hot springs and the brewery. I love craft beer, especially IPA’s(no man bun and I don’t own 6.5 CM). I am from Michigan, an hour north of self proclaimed Beer City USA. home of the grand daddy brewery Bells and Founders and Perrin and the list goes on and on. We will be in the south central wyoming. Any specific breweries that hit a home run? My definition of home run is not only good to great beer but also good to great food. Anything worth visiting in Laramie or Cheyenne or Casper or Douglas or anywhere within a few hours. Hek, I supposed it’s somewhat possible to tag out early and would leave time to even visit the western side of wyoming for beer. Thanks in advance

Brian
With a bit of luck I will be out their as well. I do love Michigan beer.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back