Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming cow elk

Seamaster

I am looking for a guided cow hunt in Wyoming. If anyone has any suggestions please send a PM. Thanks much.

This hunt is for a friend (somewhere around 70 years old) who has recently had knee problems. He seem OK now, but his days of chasing bulls with a backpack in the rough country are behind him. He just wants a nice meat hunt and is quite willing to pay the cost.

Sure there are a lot of places that would do that. I know Wagonhound does cow hunts. Don't personally know much about them.

Call a few outfitters. I'm sure they would offer a discounted price if just interested in taking a cow elk. It would likely be a shorter hunt so I would like to think they would be willing to work a fair price out.

There are a number of cow hunts in WY with absolutely sky high harvest rates that aren’t hard to draw. Does he have a preference point? Some of these units aren’t that physically challenging either.

Thanks the responses, both here and by PM. If anyone else has a suggestion please clue me in.

If he's 70 with bad knees. I'd find an outfitter that can drive him to the hunting area. I also wouldn't rule out a bull hunt. Under those conditions, it wouldn't be any harder.

Some outfitters over by Saratoga have river and creek bottom hunts, Spur Outfitters and WyCon. Both have good hunts. I would add some fishing while over there too.
Might be a couple of other outfitters over there as well with private land cow hunts.
WyCon advertises 100% draw on cow hunts.
They both also have bull hunts on the lower grounds.

I am looking for a guided cow hunt in Wyoming. If anyone has any suggestions please send a PM. Thanks much.
I'm pretty sure SNS outfitters does cow hunts in some very easy-to-draw units in central Wyoming. I don't know much about them though, other than that they had exclusive access to a bunch of land in my unit, that I would have liked to have hunted this fall.

dont pay too much for a guided cow,,,unit 100 cow i would think would be a pretty easy cow tag to fill if you d i y it and have a week.fairly decent draw odds too,,and other semi-central desert units too should be similar i would think.

My suggestion on this would be to consider a type 4 tag. Type 4 are a little more expensive both worth it if you are already making plans for the hunt. It's hard to make plans until the results come out on a type 6 tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back