Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Combo

dcoryn

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance, I am planning a hunt for this fall. We will be primarily hunting antelope but 3/4 of us would like to hunt muleys also. We have hunted muleys in Montana the last 2 years with great success. We decided to try a new state this year and give Wyoming a shot. I have spent countless hours pouring over literally hundreds of pages of info trying to find overlapping units for deer and antelope that we could draw with zero deer points and one antelope point. So far I have had terrible luck, another factor we are battling is our conflicting schedules, the only dates we are able to hunt are Oct.13-25th which limits our units even more. Basically I am just looking for units with decent public access and an opportunity to shoot average animals, trophies are not necessarily important to us. At this point I think we will have to break up the hunt into two different areas and focus on lopes for a couple days and then move to a new zone for deer. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. We bought leftover lope doe tags for unit 20 last year and had one day to hunt (the last day of the season) and had one shot all day (guy ended up missing). Unit 20 was disappointing, mainly the lack of access to the public land that was there.

Thanks in advance,

-Dusty

Even breaking up the hunt into different areas like you mentioned it's not going to be easy to do what you want to do and do justice to both animals unless you have 7-10 days for the actual hunting part of the trip. Your main problem is not having any PPs for the deer part of your hunt. About the best I can offer is possibly putting in for deer in Regions D, E, or Y where there is a decent chance at a tag with no PPs and trying for an antelope unit with your 1PP somewhere on the east side of the state.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back