Caribou Gear

Wyoming Bison Tag

I agree hopefully all bad luck is used up. Good luck!

Well heres an update got in and after setting up camp decided to check a possible road that would make retrieval easier. Turned on the wrong road and ended seeing a bison right next to the road if if he chose to go uphill was 400 yards from the boundry. Next morning got up camped on him for most of the mornin and when he decided to head deeper into the park decided to just go to elk refuge and saw nothing. Next morning got up and went to the national forest ran into other bison hunters and saw some bison but way into the park. Rest of the day was uneventful. On Monday I went to the national forest again and from a glassing spot saw two bison moving for park boundry moved to intercept but never saw them then just sat to wait and looked back towards where I had come from to see two bison watched them and just before I was ready to make a move to intercept them they decided to head back deeper into the park. Bison seem to do whatever they want to do. Today I'm waiting by shadow mountain for a bison to break off from the herd and cross the park boundry.

Well unfortunatley no bison on this trip on Wednesday they were close to boundry on shadow mountain again, but not in as convenient of a spot for packing out. Chased went between two different spots and they decided to just stat in the park. Thursday I went up to the national forest and hiked to park boundry and after half a day didnt see anything decided to change locations and saw nothing there. On Friday morning I saw the herd that was close to kelly and the refuge the day before moving north. At that time I could not get a bison on national forest and pack it out alone in the time I had left on the hunt so I packed up and drove home. I enjoyed every minute of the trip it was great to not be on any social media or check an email the entire time I was out there. I will make another trip but will most likely wait until they migrate to the refuge.

Well finally found out that bison have moved down to the elk refuge. They were there today and there is a good chance they will be there tomorrow. Going to go home and get packed and drive out tonight. Hopefully I get one.

Well finally found out that bison have moved down to the elk refuge. They were there today and there is a good chance they will be there tomorrow. Going to go home and get packed and drive out tonight. Hopefully I get one.
Best of luck. Looking forward to the story.

They were standing on the river bank last night, with a half dozen truckfulls trying to will them across with sheer desire.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back