MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming archery success

I havent found a more difficult hunt than archery pronghorn. Ive been hunting them spot and stalk for 5 years now without being able to harvest... Until now!
I put on about 10 stalks so far this year, always managing to get blown out around the 100-125 yard range. There wasnt any early rut activity, so I seemed to always be chasing bachelor groups or big heards. This morning was the perfect storm, I hiked out to a ridge and spotted a buck beddded with 3 does in a drainage. With the wind perfect and having some terrain to cover my movements, I headed in. I was able to sneak behind a small hill and crawl into 45 yards. It only took the buck a few moments to realize something was up, he jumped up and started snorting in my direction. I thought the jig was up, but he must have started early rut, because he immediately started walking right towards me. I took the shot and heard the amazing "thwap" of the arrow hitting. Mechanical bradheads did their work and the buck ran less than 15 feet before dropping. The adrenaline finally dumped and the feeling of success finally kicked in. Im super happy with my public land archery goat. Measures just under 14".
Nice buck, persistence pays off.

This is so awesome. What a feeling that must be. Great shooting and even better persistence! Congrats!

Heck yeah! Way to perservere and get it done. That's quite an accomplishment anyone would be proud of. Great looking buck, to boot!

Thank you everyone! Im beyond happy with how my adventure turned out. Im heading up north to chase my first archery wyoming whitetail this weekend!

Congratulations on the success, and for being transparent. Its nice to see that not every stalk starts and ends with a harvest. Grit and determination are what really make that successful stalk even that more rewarding. Congrats on the awesome buck!

Back