Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming antelope

BuzzH

The antelope in Wyoming took a hit this weekend. I helped my Dad and Brother out Saturday and they both took bucks on opening day.

My brother Matt, bagged his buck about an hour into the season. We found this buck bedded the night before opening day, and Matt didnt mess around looking for a better one. We stalked close and let him walk to us and Matt made a nice 140 yard shot on a classy looking antelope.

P1010073.JPG

Another look with Matt, Dad, and I...

matts04ant.JPG

Later in the day, with an hour or so of light left, Dad decided to shoot his buck. We stalked this buck and Dad made a good shot with his 25/06. Not his biggest antelope, but he was happy, as he always is when he gets to hunt with his sons.

dads04ant.JPG

Another of Dad, Matt, and I...

dads05ant2.JPG

Congrats on the goats. Looks like you guys had a good time. I predict that you're not done posting antelope pictures this year. ;)

Oak

Ps - Matt looks like he's 12 in that last pic. :D (you reading this, Matt?)

Nice goats Buzz, although I am more interested in seeing pics of your wife with a nice buck instead of your ugly mug. ;)

Miller,

The antelope season in the unit my wife drew opens Saturday.......

Moosie, theres plenty of people besides you on this board that think I'm unamerican. ;)

Buzz,

You got any details? Were they running with does, or did you catch the unlucky guys? How many bucks you all see???

How high is your brother's?

Thanks for sharing Buzz...I like that little "kicker" on your brothers goats cutter.
Looks like the Buzz clan had a great outing, now we need the Mrs. and your goats to round out the group!

Congrats! Come Oct 1 I'll be looking for there sisters, but quite a bit to the West of there!

I second the notion for pics of your wife and dead animals! ;)

Gunner,

The bucks were running does around and also chasing off younger bucks.

I really didnt keep track of how many bucks we saw the entire trip, but I'd have to guess 75ish or so. We saw quite a few good bucks, the horn growth was good this year.

Matts antelope is 13 5/8 inches tall, first and second quarter measurements are 6 and 6 2/8 prong is 5 4/8. I green scored it at 74 5/8. Its the best one he's ever bagged.

Tyler my lope hunt starts oct 1 also (so does my elk hunt)
where going to get the lope tag sign over to dani, she's finally made her mind up and is going for the whole hunt, teahcers seemed to be pretty cool about it as well.

Delw

Thanks for the pics and info Buzz, love the 25-06 for lopes "sweet shooting gun" also nice that you can get out and hunt with your family.

I had a great time on the hunt. Buzz was able to scout for dad and I. All I had to do was pull the trigger and drag a little.

Oak- I am definitely not 12 but I do read a lot of the posts.

Originally posted by cjcj:
Thanks for the pics and info Buzz, love the 25-06 for lopes "sweet shooting gun" also nice that you can get out and hunt with your family.
Gotta agree.....getting my Rem.25-06 ready for our opener this next Friday....

Thanks for the pics Buzz, and definitely tell the "boys" nice goats..... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back