Wyoming Antelope Adventures

MTLabrador

I ventured out into the high desert yesterday in search of pronghorn. I was initially distracted by a herd of elk having an all out rut fest in the sagebrush, but I eventually regained focus and found lots of antelope and lots of pressure along the few main roads in the unit. I decided to hike into a pretty cool basin without road access that I’ve explored a few times before. I knew there would be antelope in the basin, and I immediately found three different groups with around a dozen bucks. I picked them apart with my spotter and found one that appeared to be just what I was looking for.

A short stalk put me in position and I sent a 143 Hammer Hunter out of my .280 into his lungs. I was happy walking up to him and seeing decent length with good mass and prongs, and I was pleasantly surprised when I did some quick and highly unofficial scoring on the tailgate later. I cut him up, put him in my backpack, and hiked out under the stars. An absolutely beautiful night in Wyoming.

DAAAAF56-569F-439D-A365-D70B3F05732D.jpeg

21FF3C39-F0E7-49ED-9D32-64FF5A2DBA95.jpeg

4749742A-8B88-4A1D-94DE-B468641BADFF.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a great looking buck. Congrats. Is that another horn growing out from the back of the base on his left side? Pretty wild looking if so.

That's pretty neat. I've seen that quite a bit with whitetails but not on Pronghorn. I do taxidermy as a side business and I can tell you there is no reason why you won't be able to keep those extra horns intact. They'll get treated just like the regulars ones.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back