MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming 23-24 private land access

Jklein

Is it possible? Was successful a few years ago with an access fee. Curious how things are currently for access.
HELP please!!

Tough. Outfitters have a lot of acreage tied up. We were on waiting list for a long time to be able to hunt where we do. Only a handful of hunters per year and nobody gets on till someone dies or retires. One group has been coming for 30 years.

A couple of outside the box ideas.....call the area sale barn and talk with the person who answers the calls. They might have some names for you. Same with local co-op or feedstore, and while you are at it, maybe the high school attendance secretary might have some secret sauce to dish up for a lucky few.

It took me a couple years to get trespass fee access, keep looking and good luck! I hunted it for the first time last week and it was just as hard as hunting public in 23... Great hunt overall mixed in with some public land success in a different unit. Filled both my Type 1 and 2 leftover tags but not without legwork...

I drove back thru the Walk in Area in 23 after chasing muleys on the other side of the river. Holy cow it was elbow to elbow. My buddy killed the only antelope I’ve ever seen in there a few years ago and we saw one other hunter that day.

Found some private land and after looking at 20 or so bucks I hunted this guy until I dropped him !! Thanks for all the replies

Attachments

• C3D9668E-F2E7-4FDF-AF13-BF088A3D7450.jpeg
    C3D9668E-F2E7-4FDF-AF13-BF088A3D7450.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
How did you find the private?
Called a couple outfitters from the south end if Wyoming and asked if they knew anybody that was opposed to outfitter leases and actually got a couple names , talked to the first one for awhile about hunting and asked him for permission . Granted it after thinking about it for a day. I figured that maybe the fact that they were opposed to outfitters would respect the solo hunter

Back