Wyoming 2022 draw results!!!!

no antelope,even w 5 points ,,no antelope doe,,no general deer either for me and my buddy,,was hoping i could turn it into a combo hunt.now the only dilema is,,, is it worth $1100 in diesel to go to wyoming on my type 6 cow elk tag?? or would i be better off not wasting that much on a cow tag hunt.thats alot to spend just for a cow,,im open to suggestions..and thats if diesel doesnt climb much higher,,already $6.10 here in oregon.I sure liked that $1.80 diesel we had a couple years ago,,it really does make a BIG DIFFERENCE now.eating the type 6 elk tag is the cheapest way to go,but i dont want too.
Rent a little car!
lucylovescats-dino.gif

I'm batting a big fat zero this year. But I didn't really expect to draw antelope. Always got the prairie dog trip to look forward to. Also, buddy "accidentally" drew a region Y deer tag. Said he meant to list it as his second choice. I may go with him for funsies come October.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-053645_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-053645_Samsung Internet.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 8
No antelope tags for me or my brothers or Dad. I'm starting to think GoHunt really has no idea on their draw odds and I'd be better off without it. At least I wouldn't get my hopes up when they said my odds were 100%.
Problem is all the GoHunters are drinking from the same well. How many subscribers do they have? I'm guessing tens of thousands. In they hey days of Huntin Fool/Eastmans I procured some pretty good tags by inversing their recommendations knowing all the lemmings would select those units.

Times are changing, more people fewer tags ect!! I would not pay others to find odds for you. All that is right on G&F website, only good thing about those hunting publications is seeing all the nice critters being harvested by others from all over!!

does anyone know how long WY takes to refund those who did not draw WY tags?
i got Doe tag but not Buck, so expecting a refund. just wondering. thanks

no antelope,even w 5 points ,,no antelope doe,,no general deer either for me and my buddy,,was hoping i could turn it into a combo hunt.now the only dilema is,,, is it worth $1100 in diesel to go to wyoming on my type 6 cow elk tag?? or would i be better off not wasting that much on a cow tag hunt.thats alot to spend just for a cow,,im open to suggestions..and thats if diesel doesnt climb much higher,,already $6.10 here in oregon.I sure liked that $1.80 diesel we had a couple years ago,,it really does make a BIG DIFFERENCE now.eating the type 6 elk tag is the cheapest way to go,but i dont want too.

I've been thinking the same thing for my colorado cow tag but this is my first elk hunt so I ll just work some overtime to help pay for it.

You can always donate the tag to a wounded veteran or disabled person. Wyoming has a great program!!

I tried to burn 🔥 my 12 deer points but unfortunately didn’t draw. No tags for me in WY or MT. First time I haven’t had a tag in one of those states in like 12 years. It was a good run I guess.

Donate to my disabled veteran hunting buddy and old wingman under WY program for that? We drew SQUAT! Last hunt we did was WY in 2019 but got skunked.

Tim.jpg

TimCold.jpg

First year as a resident in the draw. Put in for a total of 8 tags and got 5. Two of those being doe tags for the unit I live in. Bummed I didn't get anything for pronghorn, but ended up with a late season cow tag, and deer tags. Coolest one for me is my season starts with Sandhill Crane!

I tried to burn 🔥 my 12 deer points but unfortunately didn’t draw. No tags for me in WY or MT. First time I haven’t had a tag in one of those states in like 12 years. It was a good run I guess.
How do you have 12 points and not draw ? :)

We did pretty good for our first year as residents. This will be my wife’s first year to ever hunt.

Picked up some third choice antelope tags, a few whitetail tags, a couple cow elk tags, I’ll pick up general elk and deer tags, and the cream of the crop came when my wife’s first ever application resulted in a 102-1 mule deer tag at 2.7% odds.

We have never hunted that one but just excited to get her started in a unit that should provide good opportunity.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back