Wyoming 2021 Antelope Draw

WyoDoug

Just for the hell of it, I put in for a type 2 leftover antelope for 38. Plan is to fill that tag on base with my bow which is easy and other 3 tags during rifle when a few HTers who drew will be joining me plus a few that just want to tag along. Going to be a great antelope hunt this year.

I am not sure how I do it but I typically draw 100% on antelope tags I put in for but zero on deer which I want worse.

Seems to be the way of it, huh? Easy to get what we don't really want. I'm glad you'll be out and about this season. Best of luck filling all those tags.

Just for the hell of it, I put in for a type 2 leftover antelope for 38. Plan is to fill that tag on base with my bow which is easy and other 3 tags during rifle when a few HTers who drew will be joining me plus a few that just want to tag along. Going to be a great antelope hunt this year.

I am not sure how I do it but I typically draw 100% on antelope tags I put in for but zero on deer which I want worse.
I drew 38-1. Im thinking about hunting base as well

you need a permit to stake your blind to the ground? geez
Yup on base but normally you would not. They area they let you hunt archery antelope on base used to be an impact range way back when the base was an army base. It used to be called Fort D. A. Russell and was used as an artillery range. The purpose of the dig permits which are free is so you don't drive stakes into live ordnance.

I drew a NR unit 85 tag! I can hardly wait to go.
Had never heard of that hunt area so I looked it up. Can’t imagine where pronghorn would live in that part of the state but I would think they gotta be pretty concentrated given the lack of habitat. Should be an interesting hunt for sure!

Anyone get a license in the mail yet? Applied for 2 doe tags one time for each and got both in area 29.

Had never heard of that hunt area so I looked it up. Can’t imagine where pronghorn would live in that part of the state but I would think they gotta be pretty concentrated given the lack of habitat. Should be an interesting hunt for sure!
I've looked into it myself. Not a lot of tags in the area, not surprisingly. But I believe there are supposed to be some pockets in there that hold them. OP will probably have a really fun hunt, but it may take some looking!

I chose that area because it has some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. It also has several blue ribbon trout waters in the immediate area. Also, because it is not over run with antelope. We will actually have to spend more than 2 hours hunting before we get one. Biggest reason though is that I want my 3 boys to always have the memory of “when dad took us to the Tetons antelope hunting”.

I chose that area because it has some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. It also has several blue ribbon trout waters in the immediate area. Also, because it is not over run with antelope. We will actually have to spend more than 2 hours hunting before we get one. Biggest reason though is that I want my 3 boys to always have the memory of “when dad took us to the Tetons antelope hunting”.
Congrats, it's a cool area, lots of high plateaus, definitely a nice change of pace from the typical WY pronghorn hunt. The roads are long back there, do some research on where you setup camp. Bring bear spray.

Probably used up way 2 much of my luck and drew a tag again I'm not mad had a blast last year and can't wait 2 go back...not saying I would have been upset if I would have drew a NM elk tag instead haha

My hunting partner and I each drew one antelope doe tag. First time I've ever only drawn one, always have had two. But, better one than none! The friend going with me has never been to Wyoming, so he's really excited to be going. I'm kind of liking the idea of having just one tag, it will allow me to be more picky with what I shoot. In fact I think Wyoming should limit people to one tag in the first drawing. That would make for better odds and more people could hunt antelope each year.

Back