Wyoming 2017

JonathonJEB

I have 2 points now and I am trying to plan a trip for next fall. I know this gets asked all the time on here so I am even hesitant to ask because I know how I am when it comes to my public land spots at home. So really all I am looking for is a yes or no answer no details and no secret spots. I am looking at units 42,44,& 45 only because of the draw odds with 2 pp in the regular draw. I will have the onX chip in a gps. My questions are 1. Do you think these units would be good for a first time Antelope hunt for my wife and I 2. Will it be very difficult to navigate public land on these units with the gps 3. Am I reading the draw odds correct to think that I could draw any of these units with 2 pp in the regular draw. Thanks for reading and if you can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.

I don't know those units, but I suggest called the local Game Warden, Wildlife Bioligist and Sporting Goods stores in those units. Maybe wait until things slow done this winter.

I have 2 points now and I am trying to plan a trip for next fall. I know this gets asked all the time on here so I am even hesitant to ask because I know how I am when it comes to my public land spots at home. So really all I am looking for is a yes or no answer no details and no secret spots. I am looking at units 42,44,& 45 only because of the draw odds with 2 pp in the regular draw. I will have the onX chip in a gps. My questions are 1. Do you think these units would be good for a first time Antelope hunt for my wife and I 2. Will it be very difficult to navigate public land on these units with the gps 3. Am I reading the draw odds correct to think that I could draw any of these units with 2 pp in the regular draw. Thanks for reading and if you can help me out I will greatly appreciate it.
1) I have no idea.
2) No. I don't think it will be difficult to navigate with GPS
3) You are reading it correctly. Assuming that the draw results are the same or similar to 2016, you should be able to draw any of those units, but we had a large point creep this year and who knows what will happen next year.

Good Luck

Even with point creep some additional antelope tags could be available in the NR draw if the residents leave some tags un-applied for.Lots of great hunting in the lower point pool. Look at success rates after the season on the website to help judge the areas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jscrocca
Back