Wyo Wildlife Task Force and the new outfitter/landowner draw proposal

I'm currently reading through the comments. LOL Pure comedy. I hope they read every single one. lol!

What shocks me most is that a lot of the NR hunters that I know didn't even bother to submit comments.....Maybe they used a fake name. I dunno???

Justfication?

Since when has the task force needed that?

I thought the task force was created to hash out the 90/10 issues and make a recommendation?

So they created a task force to work on license allocation and somehow the takeaway is "keep it the same but raise the prices on NRs".. Great work TF! Proud of you..

Will say that it was refreshing to read the comments on outfitter allocation. What a beat down. The comments in favor from Outfitted NR were also comical "Great idea, make those poor or capable diy hunters wait longer so I don't have to".

The implied purpose of the fee increase brought up at last months meeting and evidently yesterday, was to limit the special draw to outfitted nr clients thru license cost, in leu of the special draw becoming an outfitter only draw.

WY has been the poster child of "pay to play" since they created the regular and special draws, and nobody cared. Evidently how much you have to pay to play makes a difference.
Not really compared to other states. In states where landowner tags are available to sell people can skip the draw completely. That's real pay to play with tags sold at fair market value.

haha. Or god wasn't amused by prayers from greedy "hunters" asking for opportunity to be taken from the common man and given to them.

god bless,

Wind Gypsy.
Unfortunately greed comes in many different forms.

Now you see greedy hunters hoping the prices are raised so much it prices the common family out the chance to hunt but that's OK because the rich DIY guys can get tags more often. I see raising the prices so much it prices people out similiar to a outfitter set aside.

Now you see greedy hunters hoping the prices are raised so much it prices the common family out the chance to hunt but that's OK because the rich DIY guys can get tags more often. I see raising the prices so much it prices people out similiar to a outfitter set aside.

I'm with ya and see the desire to price DIY'ers out if it as being just as bad as giving affluent outfitted hunters preference. Probably even worse. It's just hard to say where the line should be drawn.

Not greed here. I am part of the common family. I bust my ass doing extra work all year to afford any hunt I feel like taking. Maybe yall shouldn't be worried with other "common folk" and be more worried about yourself making extra cash for more opportunities. Anybody can make an extra $1000 to $1500 a year just by doing extra stuff on the weekends once a month. So get that crappy excuse out of here.

It's not at all greed. Non residents deserve zero percent of the states issued tags. Everyone's home state has super cheap and plentiful opportunities to hunt (except maybe Connecticut and Rhode island?) So no one is getting priced out of opportunity. So let the states set NR prices as high as the market will pay and good for them taking advantage of the crazy hot and popular market right now that will fetch top dollar for those tags.

It's not at all greed. Non residents deserve zero percent of the states issued tags. Everyone's home state has super cheap and plentiful opportunities to hunt (except maybe Connecticut and Rhode island?) So no one is getting priced out of opportunity. So let the states set NR prices as high as the market will pay and good for them taking advantage of the crazy hot and popular market right now that will fetch top dollar for those tags.
I’m all for that as long as the residents will lease my public lands from me for their private resident hunting club.

I’m all for that as long as the residents will lease my public lands from me for their private resident hunting club.
Ur from MS so I don't believe u will have a problem leasing out ur land to the residents of MS if WY raises tag prices.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back