Wyo BHA Commissioners Tag

Yeah after looking at a map, I was a little confused as to why the were trying to get more access. Yeah it might be tough but it's doable. But another access point wouldn't hurt I guess.

That's what I was thinking. When I see "landlocked public land" to me that means the public cant access it without individual approval from a landowner or going all Newberg with a helicopter. Thus my initial reaction was that BHA is being disingenuous with how they are portraying this access. I read the overview again to make sure I wasn't jumping to conclusions and I don't think they are misrepresenting the situation egregiously.

As it sits right now the WSA access hits a sweet spot for me personally - there is access but it's limited enough to keep the entire area from being swamped with hunters. Only one data point but the Fella who owns the hotel in Cokeville (nice guy with some impressive animals on the wall) said the WSA still gets hammered pretty good during rifle season.

Edit: Thinking about it more.. This WSA is right off the highway so having somewhat difficult access is actually desirable to me personally.

Last edited:
Basically the southern half was difficult to get to even for fit people. Only folks with stock had good access. Deeded and developed access so that more public land owners can use it is a win. Don't be selfish, it's still a long way to the corners of this place from the proposed access.

This area is some super steep and rugged country. Access will be much better but I don't think it will hurt the hunting too much. As @Bluffgruff mentioned, you're still going to need stock or be in very good shape to hunt this country.

Anybody else get the email that the drawing for this is happening Tomorrow? For some reason I was under the impression the draw was in July.

I really like questions that don't have a wrong answer...would be a tough choice between pronghorn, elk and deer.

Thanks to everyone that has purchased tickets. Winners will be drawn when all the tickets sell out or July 15, whichever comes first. What I will say is that tickets are going to sell out way before July 15, about 2/3 are already gone.

This link should work for those looking to buy a few tickets to support access to Raymond Mountain.

Hey buzz or anyone did we get names? I didnt see it elsewhere, no email so prob not good sign....hopefully a HTer wins it

Anybody know where the results are posted? I was on the river and out of Phone Reception.

The draw was posted on Facebook. Skip to the last 10 minutes for all the names. Mark Crandal out of Kent Washington was lucky enough to pull the commissioners tag.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back