Wyo BHA Commissioners Tag

I really like questions that don't have a wrong answer...would be a tough choice between pronghorn, elk and deer.

Thanks to everyone that has purchased tickets. Winners will be drawn when all the tickets sell out or July 15, whichever comes first. What I will say is that tickets are going to sell out way before July 15, about 2/3 are already gone.

This link should work for those looking to buy a few tickets to support access to Raymond Mountain.

Ticket purchased. Does anyone know where to find a map of the new access area? I don't see one on the G&F website yet.

I did send a message about 11% processing fee...that will be my last donation until reduced. I dont mind money going to good cause but thats ridiculous for a 3rd party processing fee that doesnt help anything wildlife related.
That’s how I felt pretty High processing fee but still got some

Tickets purchased for my wife and I! Great seeing the partnership between all these organizations to get this past the finish line. It's some special country up that way, no doubt about it!

I'm too lazy to do it, but a cross reference of the comments on a thread such as this to other threads where tags are given to other entities would be interesting comparison...

I'm too lazy to do it, but a cross reference of the comments on a thread such as this to other threads where tags are given to other entities would be interesting comparison...

Commissioners tags are interesting, that's for sure. I don't like em one bit, but I bought five tickets for this raffle anyways. Consistent I am not.

Tickets purchased for my wife and I! Great seeing the partnership between all these organizations to get this past the finish line. It's some special country up that way, no doubt about it!

No doubt about that. I've never put in for commissioners tags before, but this time I couldn't resist. I fixed a bunch of fence in grazing exclosures, electrofished, and planted willows in riparian areas up in the Cole Creek area before the county sold the land during the Western Watersheds ordeal. My oldest dog is an escaped or abandoned border collie mutt that was originally tied up to a sheep wagon and left for long periods of time the first time I went and worked up there. We went back a couple weeks later and the sheep outfit was gone and he was roaming around half starved with a belly full of sheep droppings, and scared. The only reason he ever approached us for us to catch him was that we had another dog with us. Trying to domesticate an abandoned, terrified, basically wild dog was an interesting endeavor that was not without its ups and downs. I had only had him a short time and the poor dog was terrified of cars, so he bolted from my car at the Warren Bridge access area. I didn't get him back for a month, when he eventually turned up at the Hoback Rim just before Thanksgiving. That was a decent little jaunt, and I can't help but wonder ifthat was a coincidence or if he was headed back towards that Cole Creek area.

I've had that dog for about 10 years now, and he's shaped my life in so many ways. He even stopped a moose charge once at meadowlark lake near ten sleep. I probably would've got my butt run over that evening without him.

So yeah, the Raymond Access project is one that really excites me. Enough to overcome my general dislike for commissioners tags and throw some dough in with the added bonus of having an astronomically low of chance of winning the hunt of a lifetime or some gear.

I'm curious about the project, is the access from the west along raymond creek still viable? I did some summer hiking from there in 2018 to scout for the elk tag I had that year. It looks like the main parking spot there is on private but that is the access BLM advised to use at the time. I didn't end up hunting there but there wasn't really anything in the Raymond mountain WSA that was out of reach from this point with llamas I rented from Beau.

RM WSA.jpg

I'm curious about the project, is the access from the west along raymond creek still viable? I did some summer hiking from there in 2018 to scout for the elk tag I had that year. It looks like the main parking spot there is on private but that is the access BLM advised to use at the time. I didn't end up hunting there but there wasn't really anything in the Raymond mountain WSA that was out of reach from this point with llamas I rented from Beau.

View attachment 176822
Yes, it's still a viable way in. I wouldn't say any of the Raymond mountain WSA was out of reach either but this will definitely make the South end easier to access.

Interestingly enough they have surpassed there financial goals of this raffle. On thee site they say there going to work with G&f on additional access(i assume on this project) with any extra funds. In the end seems like a solid win but would really like a map with the proposed enhancements just out of curiousity. Maybe couple hikes this summer to check it out.

I am in for 5 tickets worth.

I hope I get to check the project our firsthand some day.

Either way, money well spent.

Yes, it's still a viable way in. I wouldn't say any of the Raymond mountain WSA was out of reach either but this will definitely make the South end easier to access.
Yeah after looking at a map, I was a little confused as to why the were trying to get more access. Yeah it might be tough but it's doable. But another access point wouldn't hurt I guess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back