Wyo B&C record

Not sure a about the WY records but both the B&C and P&Y WR are from AZ. Two bucks tied at 95 net for the B&C WR. P&Y WR 91 4/8 net.

Up until a decade or so ago the P&Y world record used to be from little old North Dakota and was taken by a gent I used to pheasant hunt with. Believe the score was right at 88 but it might have been 88 plus change. It was shot in either the first or close to the first archery pronghorn hunt in the state back in 1957 I believe.

Sorry for babbling.

Not sure a about the WY records but both the B&C and P&Y WR are from AZ. Two bucks tied at 95 net for the B&C WR. P&Y WR 91 4/8 net.

I thought I read somewhere that the record was 99 something, but I could be wrong.

The largest goats listed in B&C from Wyoming are a pair of bucks at 91 2/8", killed by Bill Boatman in 1988 and Michael Wheeler in 2008. The Wheeler buck has the second greatest circumference measurement listed for any pronghorn in B&C, at 9 1/8".

Big Antelope

This all reminds me of an article in Outdoor Life magazine years back.
A barber shop keeper in Wyoming had a nice 15" lope mount. Eastern hunters stopped in for a haircut and said"nice but" I got a bigger one last week.
Then the barber shot a 17 incher. Same thing happened.
Next he had his taxidermisy make fake 21" horns. Some dude came in and said his uncle had a bigger one.LOL

Big Fin,

Thanks for the attachment. BTW, when you were on that plane trip to Arizona did you hear a story about fingerless gloves?

No, heard a lot of southern style stories, but don't recall the fingerless glove story. When I get down your way, maybe you can relay it to me.

Hey, Big Fin, I just glanced at that list and thought of a couple pretty cool things!

1. We guided to 13 of those Top 29 listed. (surprisingly most of our hunters have not entered their officially scored animals.)

and...

2. My Wyoming buck has now been officially scored at 91-2/8! :) I'm pretty excited about that one!

Hey, Big Fin, I just glanced at that list and thought of a couple pretty cool things!

1. We guided to 13 of those Top 29 listed. (surprisingly most of our hunters have not entered their officially scored animals.)

and...

2. My Wyoming buck has now been officially scored at 91-2/8! :) I'm pretty excited about that one!

Very cool, Eli. Is the reason most guys don't enter just due to lack of interest, or the headache of official measuring and possibly panel scoring?

Congrats on that WY buck. Funny to see that the WY record has been tied twice in the last two years, and both bucks came from what most experts would call "second choice" units.

All the more reason to not apply for those leftover units. :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back