WY results

No dice for me. Didn't expect to draw a bull in the random but also missed for a type 6 tag that was over 70%. My luck is either crazy good or crazy bad.

No luck. Good luck to all of you that drew! Wyoming is truly a special place and you will have an awesome experience! Is AZ up yet? ...:cool:

You will be in another draw if you apply for a leftover.

Do you know if ANYBODY will be able to apply in the leftover draw or ONLY the people that were unsuccessful in the first draw? I think in ND, only the people who are unsuccessful in the first drawing for deer tags are eligible to apply for the leftover tags. Then if there are tags available after that, they are available for everyone.

Definitely pulled one out of the hat; 3 of us drew 24-1 in the random draw. 67 applicants with an official quota of "1", so odds of about 2%. I sure like the way WY handles party apps! We will probably bow-hunt some in September, then be there for rifle opener (Oct. 1) if necessary.

Leftover draw is for anybody.

This sh@@ is starting to get serious, 500 app increase in Special Gen 1st choice apps, over last years 300 app increase. If the dept/legislature doesn't see the demand for an $1,100 tag as an indicator of potential revenue somebody has blinders on.

Last edited:
I applied in the special draw for a difficult tag and put the general tag as my 2nd choice. That worked for me 2 years ago but not this year.

Looking through the 2017 draw odds they just published today, the number of non resident first choice apps for the general tag in the special draw has doubled in 2 years. Dang...

No love for me and the wife. On to Colorado and at least I can still get my alligator tags here in Florida. Gotta love those things that bite back!

Point creep due to your show promoting public land hunting in the west.

I seem to get blamed for that with some regularity, not just in WY, but elsewhere. As is often the case, credit when good or blame when bad can be showered in undeserved portions. I doubt we have much influence on moving the draw odds in total; maybe in a specific unit when word gets out we hunted and had success in a certain place. But, even that subsides after a year.

If we have shown more people how much public land opportunity exists in the west and made public land advocates out of some of them, I'll accept the minutely lower draw odds or point creep that comes with that effort.

This sh@@ is starting to get serious, 500 app increase in Special Gen 1st choice apps, over last years 300 app increase. If the dept/legislature doesn't see that demand as an indicator of potential revenue somebody has blinders on.

To slow things down and stop point creep, they'd probably have to double the price of both the regular and special tags.

If we have shown more people how much public land opportunity exists in the west and made public land advocates out of some of them, I'll accept the minutely lower draw odds or point creep that comes with that effort.
Sounds like a good responsibility to have on your shoulders

Do you know if ANYBODY will be able to apply in the leftover draw or ONLY the people that were unsuccessful in the first draw? I think in ND, only the people who are unsuccessful in the first drawing for deer tags are eligible to apply for the leftover tags. Then if there are tags available after that, they are available for everyone.

Everyone, including residents and non residents....could get ugly.

Looks like I got lucky. I only had 2 points and the preference point had all the tags gone at the <4 mark. 6 leftover that went to the random with 110 applicants so I guess that makes me pretty lucky to draw!

This sh@@ is starting to get serious, 500 app increase in Special Gen 1st choice apps, over last years 300 app increase. If the dept/legislature doesn't see that demand as an indicator of potential revenue somebody has blinders on.

There will not be an increase in general tags. The idea is to keep Wyoming elk hunting a good, highly desirable tag...and no general areas are above bull to cow ratio's in general areas enough to support a tag increase. You don't create a good resource then kill it off to make money...ever.

There will not be an increase in general tags. The idea is to keep Wyoming elk hunting a good, highly desirable tag...and no general areas are above bull to cow ratio's in general areas enough to support a tag increase. You don't create a good resource then kill it off to make money...ever.

I think he means an increase in the price of tags in order to increase revenue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back