WY General Elk - Who's In?

Said I never would pay the special-upper crust price for an elk hunt, but as of today I’m part of the problem like so many this year. Between leeriness about the future of the non-resident draw, and my current point level, I feel like my hand is being forced. Tag or no, it will be interesting to see how the draw unfolds with all the x-factors involved and the growth of internet big game hunting culture. Good luck to all!

I’ve started buying points. Hopefully in a few years it’ll be in the budget. But who knows if I’ll ever catch the point creep!
You may be able to draw a general tag in a few years if you just started acquiring points, very small chance of getting a LE tag

We’re in for LE. It’ll be interesting to see how all the speculation about future changes influences this year’s draw. Good luck to everyone!

I waited until the last minute to swing for the fences. Gave WY a zero-interest short term loan for a random shot a highly coveted bull and/or cow tag, um license, err permit, you know the legal hunty document thing.

I waited until the last minute to swing for the fences. Gave WY a zero-interest short term loan for a random shot a highly coveted bull and/or cow tag, um license, err permit, you know the legal hunty document thing.
I waited to last minute as well, but I'm playing small ball. Put in for general with 5 points, who wants to come along? You must have the strong back because I'm pretty set on the weak mind part!!!!

im in for general elk {reg} w 5 pts,,hopefully that will be enough to draw with all the talk going on about 90-10,regions,ect that isnt helping,,now that draw is closed its just sit and wait time now.

First time in a decade I’m not in for Wyoming elk. I just wasn’t in the mood to borrow them that much money for that long with slim odds of drawing.

that is right buzz,,as a non res you gotta be in or out by 1-31//its no secret that point creep is gonna do wierd things this year,,its anybodys guess,,thanks for the reminder on modifying there apps

I have a quick question for you WY application pros. I was talking to another member on here and it came up that we both have different understanding of how WY random draw works. So hoping someone can help clarify. Thanks

WY GEN elk tag (or any LE tag in WY i guess) lets say Elk Gen tag will take 5points to draw.
I have 3 points but I applied in hopes to draw in Random part.
Where im not sure now, if i get lucky and get drawn in Random portion.
Do i loose my 3 points or do i keep them? I thought that im just Not able to but a new point in same year indraw. But I believed i keep my 3pp?
Can someone clarify if points are used up in random or not? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back