Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

WY Euro Mount

tarheel

Never could get my field picture file small enough to post, so here is my first attempt at a euro mount. If anyone has been trying to figure out how to get your wife's cooking pot out of the house for the simmering process; don't bother. This .50 cal ammo can will accommodate all but the largest heads, fits nicely on a propane camp stove, then can be used to soak the skull in peroxide solution if you don't want to use the creme wrap method.

Attachments

• DSC00952.jpg
    DSC00952.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 237
Nice job. If you want to make those horns pretty, spray them and wipe them down with WD-40.

Looks good! I can tell that you are a smart man by using the ammo box as opposed to the wifes pot! Enginuity stemmed from shear fear! :D

Nice job. If you want to make those horns pretty, spray them and wipe them down with WD-40.

Sounds like a good idea; I put the skull back in to soak overnight as it didn't come out bright enough to suit. I want it Pepsodent white before spraying it, will probably wipe the horns with a light rub of Jacobean wood stain also.

Looks good! I can tell that you are a smart man by using the ammo box as opposed to the wifes pot! Enginuity stemmed from shear fear! :D

I wasn't aware that you know my wife. Actually, I've probably bought more of the kitchen gear than she has, 'cause when it comes to any serious cooking, that falls to me. She still cooks the same old meals her mother taught her, but after 48 years I haven't starved yet, so she must have been doing something right.

looks good you can try to leave it in the sun and it will brighten up more sometimes

I wasn't aware that you know my wife. Actually, I've probably bought more of the kitchen gear than she has, 'cause when it comes to any serious cooking, that falls to me. She still cooks the same old meals her mother taught her, but after 48 years I haven't starved yet, so she must have been doing something right.

And.... after that long, you sure as H know NOT to say anything about her cooking. Mine gets kind of miffed at me once in awhile when I cook something she has for 32+ years only I put my spin on it. And then she asks me what I did, etc. and I don't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back