PEAX Equipment

Euro Mount Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 52847
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 52847

I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount this skull from my wife's first bull. Attached are some pictures.

I specifically am hung up on how to mount the skull to the black plate.

You can see the slit and the holes in the plate.

Any ideas from fellow hunttalkers on how to mount this bad boy up?

Posted pictures for reference.

Thanks!IMG_20240106_140531_159.jpgIMG_20240106_140617_562.jpgIMG_20240106_140633_478.jpgIMG_20240106_140653_732.jpgIMG_20240106_140658_202.jpg

I usually put a wire through the two holes at the forward base of the skull and loop it through the back. Also maybe you can put a toggle bolt or expansion bolt in the skull cavity to hook onto? I can't really tell from the pictures if it is tapered or not. It was cut pretty far back.

I usually put a wire through the two holes at the forward base of the skull and loop it through the back. Also maybe you can put a toggle bolt or expansion bolt in the skull cavity to hook onto? I can't really tell from the pictures if it is tapered or not. It was cut pretty far back.
Great ideas, yea, I didn't really think about what I was doing when I was taking the brain out. I cut the cavity too big. It is tapered somewhat. I like the wire idea from you and @perma . I'll see what I can do with it

I was trying to get the brain out a little easier. I've seen a few folks do it.

Haven't done it since though.
Why did you cut the back of skull off? Never seen anyone do that before.

View attachment 309258
I bet you have enough bone to get a fairly aggressive threaded screw to hold in the base of the skull (circled above). I would drill a pilot hole in the bone to relieve splintering pressures.
Good thought, I may try this if the wire doesn't work.
You might be able to get a block of wood and epoxy it into brain cavity to create a 2nd point to secure it with above mention screw spot (spead out load)
That's a great idea to make another anchor point

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back