My first euro mount

Harrier

I let my hunting buddies convince me that making a euro mount was easy, and certainly better than paying a taxidermist $250, so when I shot a spike last month I decided to give it a try. I used the skin it/simmer for 4 hours with soap/soak it in peroxide for 24 hrs method. I don’t have a power washer or big propane burner; to simmer the skull I got the pot of water boiling inside, then put it on my propane grill.

IMG_0594.jpeg
IMG_0595.jpeg
I was skeptical right until it came out of the peroxide. I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt and with subpar equipment. But I confess that while I was scraping all the meat off, $250 at the taxi didn’t sound too bad.

Great job! I think it’s neat you did the lower jaw too. The power washer is a good investment if you keep the heads of all your bucks. Also a propane turkey fryer and pot.

I’ve saved myself a lot of money by doing my own. I actually did three bucks today two had been in my freezer for two years.
IMG_5205.jpeg

Great job! I think it’s neat you did the lower jaw too. The power washer is a good investment if you keep the heads of all your bucks. Also a propane turkey fryer and pot.

I’ve saved myself a lot of money by doing my own. I actually did three bucks today two had been in my freezer for two years.
View attachment 305128
One of those looks much harder to fit in a freezer for two years

i did my first this year too! On my bull. first of all, i shouldve researched the method a little better beforehand - i was under the impression that boiling and pressure washing would suffice, so after going through that process twice and about $30 for the big enough pot, $50 in propane and another $20 in powerwasher time at the car wash. the extra money to just take it to my taxidermist would've been worth it to me. but i eventually figured it out and it looks good, just need to whiten it now.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back