Yeti GOBOX Collection

WY Elk summary

f that man, I don't see how you could do it. My body was in full on rejection mode by the end.

lol to be fair, I was trading off driving and it wasn't straight through on the way back. But we did 28 hours straight on the way up trading every +/- 8 hours. It's rough for sure.

Thanks for sharing. I agree you should go, you’ll never get that time back.

As long as I have enough caffeine, snacks, and most importantly tobacco I can power through a long drive!

Based on the amount of hunters and lack of sign I thought I drove 14 hours in a circle and ended up back in WA.

Any hope I had for a bull was gone. The first elk I saw, on day three, ended up in trouble.

Attachments

• IMG_20191020_135204_548.jpg
    IMG_20191020_135204_548.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 70
Based on the amount of hunters and lack of sign I thought I drove 14 hours in a circle and ended up back in WA.

Any hope I had for a bull was gone. The first elk I saw, on day three, ended up in trouble.

Yeah, general units like that can be rough. Congrats on getting it done!

Can't beat the packout! Congrats on the successful meat gather.
Unfortunately that road, while being open for archery, was closed this time around. Though that's probably what contributed to there being elk in that area. Still it was only a mile and a half to the pickup on a nice two track.

It was definitely my easiest packout, except I did it in two loads, the first one being a hard shuffle more than anything. Thankfully she wasn't very big.

Grats on following through! Perseverance mixed with luck seems to go far! I'll take it any day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back