Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

WY Elk story - finally

Thanks for the story Big Fin.Good reminder to make the most of your time afield.Trying to make a cherished moment tommorrow if I can get my daughter to get up at 4:00 to go duck hunting with me.

Big Fin,

Great story and you are absolutely living life right. I just go back last night from taking my two kids up on the Clearwater River for some whitetail hunting at my Aunt and Uncle's . My Uncle is fighting the last part of prostate cancer and is at the point of "some days are good, some days are not so good". Finally on Sunday morning he felt good enough and was able to get out for a short hunt with my youngest daughter and I. He didn't get anything but was absolutely thrilled that both of my daughters did.

His health is running out before his money did and each time I head south and leave up there I know how much I appreciate the days when I was a young kid and he taught me how to drive an old Army jeep on his farm, fix a tractor, or pull a calf.

Congrats to you and your Uncle for a great hunt.

Jose:

Warm thoughts for your Uncle and your family. Very sorry to hear about that.

Good job on getting your daughters out in the field. Times you will all remember well.

Happy Hunting!

Once again your willingness to share your stories and hunts with the rest of us is simply awesome. The bond you have with your uncle and his ability to take whatever is thrown at him in stride is a trait we should all strive for.

As always, thank you for sharing Big Fin.

Randy I gotta say that yours are amongst the first stories I read when I check this site for new posts...well done as always, whether or not there is blood on the ground(which there typically is) your posts are always time well spent. Kudos to you and your Uncle...brings back many good memories I spent with mine before he succumbed to that freakin' disease....thanks again for joggin my mind and putting a smile on my face! MarvB

Wow....what a great relationship you guys have! You two have been very fortunate to have been able to share so many memorable hunts and times together. Thanks for the run down.

Wow, Randy! What a great story!! Yes our days are truely numbered, but you and Uncle Larry are sure making awesome memories together. I love your stories because they are so well written and directly from the heart. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we are at the edge of our seats waiting forf the video! I'm sure it'll be amazing!!!

Just saw this hunt last night on the outdoor channel and just wanted to say that was a great show. I love the bend in the main beam of that bull. Very unique. Congradulations to both of you on an awsome memory.

Thank you for a great story and if you come back, let me know I would enjoy meeting you.

Thanks Randy. It is one of my favorite episodes. I have watched it numerous times and will probably watch it again on Youtube when I get home.

Back