WY elk results

Me and my nephew drew general tags as a 2nd choice in the special draw now I am up to 6 points. Thought we had the points for the area we wanted. At least we have 6 months to figure out a place to hunt

Looks like a double trip to Wy. this year for archery and gun elk.Guess I'll finally meet up with Danny T.See you guys out there

Wyoming didn't "raise" it to 6 this year, but the max for elk, deer, and antelope in the 2011 draws is six this year if you started buying PPs as soon as the program started and you haven't used them.

I see now thanks for clearing that up. So next year I assume it will be 7.

No kidding. Between them and some other magazine who put a unit on their "blue chip" map, the points needed for the tag I applied for doubled this year.

Time for a rethinking of WY strategy. I want to hunt there every other year, and that really screwed up my plan on that.

If they cause me to miss my AZ hunt, then I will be whining worse than I am now.

I've recently realized the best use of these mags is to identifying the places NOT to apply in. Strategy next year...if the unit is listed by these yahoo's, don't apply!

Didn't even apply, I'll have 7 next year! Actually I didn't apply anywhere! (grin)

ElkNut1

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back