Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

WY elk results

2012 License Draw Results
License Type Results Area/Type
Non-Resident Cow Calf Elk Successful 007-6

looks like it's time to do the happy dance. :hump::hump::hump:

guess we are going to find out what this elk hunting is all about.:D

Schmalts, definitely going to need that scope now.

Didn't get my limited entry tag, but got my general tag with the second choice.

I didn't have the Cajones to take that chance. Did you buy the special tag for your second choice?

Drew the General tag.

Now I don't have to worry about putting in for Deer in WY.

We are losers again. Maybe next year...... :(

I take full responsibility for not drawing this year Bugler.... But we WILL draw next year and I'll take credit for that.. I'm also taking credit for the Deer tags we're walking away with this year. Just pick the right unit :p

No tag here another point added in the max point pool...........

Hunting Stool? :D Thats a good one!!!

On to Utah, New Mexico and Colorado..............

Someones gotta be nice!!

I didn't have the Cajones to take that chance. Did you buy the special tag for your second choice?

Drew the General tag.

Now I don't have to worry about putting in for Deer in WY.

Yeah, they have a sucker on the line with me. I'm applying in the special draw and putting the general tag as my second choice. It has been a 100% draw the last few years.

This year there were 367 tags that made it to the random draw and 253 second choice applicants so there is still some wiggle room.

Gets pretty expensive building points this way though!

LOL do the wyoming general units suck that bad? Going to put in for my second point this year wis choice I hope.

I believe they killed a really nice bull on the first season of OYOA in a general unit. My limited experience tells me the general units can be very good.

LOL do the wyoming general units suck that bad?

No, they don't suck. The best general season elk tags in the west.

And I was so damn sure of drawing, I didn't put it as my second choice as I always have in the past. That confirms I am an idiot.

No, they don't suck. The best general season elk tags in the west.

And I was so damn sure of drawing, I didn't put it as my second choice as I always have in the past. That confirms I am an idiot.
Live and learn next year you will putin for the second choice general for sure.Didnt wyoming raise the max points to 6 this year?

Wyoming didn't "raise" it to 6 this year, but the max for elk, deer, and antelope in the 2011 draws is six this year if you started buying PPs as soon as the program started and you haven't used them.

I drew 63/64 in the Random Specail so very happy Drew with Max in 2008 so looking forward to another great tag

Goose egg for me also. I was really hoping to draw my first elk tag. I did a bunch of desk jockey scouting and even talked to the biologist before I picked the unit. Bummer.

I do think it's great that the NR Wyoming draw is substantially earlier than every other state.

If you look at the draw odds detail the draw was complete on February 16th. It is amazing how fast they get this draw done, but then the deer and antelope are due by March 15th and they don't have the results for those posted until the end of June.

I think wyoming ends up with a lot of nonresident $ for elk that they wouldn't if they held their draw later. If I had already drawn a good tag somewhere else I might not apply for Wyoming. But since it is the first draw out of the gate, I don't know if I will draw another tag or not yet.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back