WY application question

arthurpete

I really hate to start a new thread about this but i cannot for the life of me figure this out or find it in a search.

How does applying for all your tags on one application vs applying individual applications affect your draw?

Well, for reduced price apps, it could mean one, none, or two.

also, “application session” is different than separate applications; full price licenses are always separate apps as are party apps (party members have the same random numbers and points but are separate apps within the system.)

Last edited:
It doesn’t, species are considered separately

Its for the same species. Here is a for instance....i applied in the regular draw for two antelope doe tags and both my first choice got denied, thats understandable but what is not is that both my second choice were for the same unit that ended up having leftover tags and only one of my second choice got approved. This was all under one application. what gives?

Well, for reduced price apps, it could mean one, none, or two.

also, “application session” is different than separate applications; full price licenses are always separate apps as are party apps.

Or potentially 3 right?

Or potentially 3 right?

no
Gimme a sec I’ll post a link that explains the doe tag process.

Last edited:
Its for the same species. Here is a for instance....i applied in the regular draw for two antelope doe tags and both my first choice got denied, thats understandable but what is not is that both my second choice were for the same unit that ended up having leftover tags and only one of my second choice got approved. This was all under one application. what gives?

If you had 2 separate applications it sounds like one of yours was the last second choice app drawn. If you had one app for 2 tags and there was one tag left to draw for then you would have gotten 2 licenses. Say there were 150 tags for an area and they drew for 149 of them. If the 150th draw is a party app for 4 tags then they would issue 4 for a total of 163. OTOH if they drew for 146 of them and the 147th draw would be a party app of 4 then the draw would be done. If you'd be happy with 1 doe tag and there weren't many in the leftover draw, I think you'd be wise to apply twice for 1 tag each rather than apply once for 2 tags. That was my approach this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back