Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wy. Antelope

sturge

Hope some of you Wyoming guys can answer this question for me. The answer may be obvious, and if it is, I am totally missing it. Here it is. Put in for unit 48 non-res antelope hunt. Looking at the harvest results from 2005 for that unit, it reads like this.

Pooled resident: bucks=193 does=61 fawns=8 total=262
Pooled non-resident: bucks=62 does=265 fawns=22 total=349

Why the huge difference between res. and non-res. harvesting bucks?
Once again, maybe I am just missing something. I couldn't find anything that showed different dates for the res. vs non-res. hunts. That was the only thing I could think of. Unless the bucks are particularly fearful of non-res. hunters. LOL

Thanks for your help.

NR's only get 25% of the available buck tags for any unit...unless there is leftover licenses.

NR's only get 25% of the available buck tags for any unit...unless there is leftover licenses.

In the regs, under species, it says "any antelope". Does that mean you are applying for "any antelope" and may get a doe tag?

They only give a few any antelope tags to NR so there is a max to the bucks NR can take. Doe tags however, they hand out like candy and many NR will buy one or two to go with the any (buck) tag they get. Thats what I do anyway.

Sturge,

Your "buck" tag is really an any antelope tag. You can shoot either a buck or a doe with it.

In addition to your "either sex" tag you can usually purchase up to FOUR doe/fawn permits as well...depending of course on availability for the unit you're hunting.

NR's get 25% of all available tags in everyt hunting unit in Wyoming across the board...sheep, goat, moose, elk, deer, and antelope. Wyoming is very generous to NR hunters...and rightfully so.

So the numbers I am looking at are the total numbers for that unit, and not just for the hunt for which I am applying. That makes sense now. I think what had me confused is why the numbers were so much higher for non res shooting does when it is an any antelope tag. But the extra tag thing explains that. Why not shoot one more why you're there. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz- I know I can apply for two doe/fawn tags, how does one get the other two? Buy them off the leftover list? If so, I may have LOTS of tags to fill this year.... ;)

Buzz- I know I can apply for two doe/fawn tags, how does one get the other two? Buy them off the leftover list? If so, I may have LOTS of tags to fill this year.... ;)

I'm not Buzz, but I can answer your question. Yes, you apply for two in the draw and buy the other two from the leftover list. You can't always buy four...it says something in the regs about the number you can possess for specific units will be determined later.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back