WY Antelope Draw 2020 Review

406LIFE

I finished my WY antelope research from 2020. Here are some thoughts I've found:

1. If you can stomach a $600 antelope tag and you really want to go antelope hunting, the special draw really is worth it.
2. Guys with 2-7 points really came off the bench and put their points into the game.
3. Most interesting to me: first timers (0-1 points) actually stayed the same or dropped in my units I checked (special and regular draws).
4. Those still on the sidelines might follow the lead of the 2020 draw and burn points. It isn't getting any better.
5. There are still gems out there if you do your digging.

Now off to see why I didn't draw my ID moose tag...

The unit I drew in 2018 with one point did not yield a tag in 2020 with one point. Not even a guarantee with 2 points I don't think either.

The unit I drew in 2018 with one point did not yield a tag in 2020 with one point. Not even a guarantee with 2 points I don't think either.
I think I know the unit you are talking about. 2 points was not 100% draw, I did not draw with 2 points.

Killing me to sit on my WY points as I haven't had tag in 6 years..lucky that I been filling in with lopes in Co. That said I will have 9 for an application for my son and I to draw a bow tag with he 12....4.5 in the special will make for a decent tag to take on an August hunt before school

Well since I broke my leg it looks like I’m switching gears from elk to antelope this year. Will be taking the boy along again
Ouch> but you don't think you will be close to 100% in 9 months?

One unit I’d been eyeing was a guarantee draw with 3 points the last few years. Well I finally have the points and now it’s a 4.5-5 point draw unit... well time to research more 😅

I won’t be throwing my hat in the ring for a PP or buck antelope again this year so that’s one less hunter y’all have to compete with. Good luck everyone

Ouch> but you don't think you will be close to 100% in 9 months?
Ya I should be good to go. Just won’t have the cash to pony up for the NR draw when I’m off 6-8 weeks. And I just bought a new truck 3 days before I slipped and broke it

Wait till you gotta start using points for does.

And buck tags effectively become once or twice a lifetime.

23-2 is private land. If you can line some up, its a good area to hunt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back