Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

WY 9 points

Rodzilla

So I'm debating cashing out my Wyoming antelope points, I was originally going to put in for unit 93 since my wife was going to tag along (I wanted to show her a pretty unit), but now she has a new job and will not be able to take much time off come fall. Now thinking of going solo and debating between 92, 57, and 64. Unit 64 being me top pic, any others worthy of the 9 points that anyone could think of? I would be taking the long drive to Wyoming from CA. Just watched on YouTube Randy"s episode from Carbon county and it has me pumped. A nice BC Buck is always welcomed, but I would be happy with any over 77' and having a chance at chasing rutting goats on public land (personal best is 81' goat in NV a few years back). :)
Rod

I wish I was patient enough and young enough to build up points for some of those units, but I cashed in my points to take two of my sons hunting a couple years ago ............ it was worth it. I'm sure if you take any unit that requires 9 points and go you're going to see lots of bucks to chose from and have the time of your life. Looking forward to you sharing your hunt and pics this fall, good luck!

9 points is a good problem to have! Whatever unit you pick you have a pretty solid hunt in your future.

Anything in the 50's you should do well, especially anything in Carbon County..... I would take 92 off that list, I don't believe that unit is worth 9 points....
Matt

92 isn't worth 9 points, it's a good unit and I have seen some really nice bucks come out of it but wouldn't use 9 points on it.....I look at 92 & 96 daily and it isn't often I look twice at an antelope in the area. Last year 92 & 96 were combined.

57 & 60 are worth looking at.

Thanks for the input guys (now kind of between 57 and 64), just cant wait to get out and camp in the desert. Going to wait until late may to apply, deadline is at the same time Nevada results come out- but the timing will be close.

If you shot one of the top ten bucks in either Units 57 or 64 on an average horn growth year, you would have a buck north of 85", maybe way north of 85". Good luck.

Thanks

Thank Big Fin! I like you strategy of spending day looking and learning where the goats are. On my last Central Wyoming hunt I shot the first buck over 15 inches that I saw, only to find a booner on the second day while filling out my doe tag. Never believed on the idea of locking up my bullets until the second day (Ha, ha!). Hoping we know what the heard conditions are by the time i put my apps in. here is some pics of my last WY trip, love that landscape!

Attachments

• IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 237
Central and SE wyoming have had a good winter and spring so horn growth here is going great. Area 47 was always a hot trophy area here and can be drawn with your points. Almost all BLM land. You should be able to pick almost any unit and draw with 9 pts. 52 also has good potential as the tags were cut back a few years ago and numbers have rebounded. 42 has good conditions right now also.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back