WY 2021 elk take 2.2

BuzzH

I guess I got out over my skis posting our general WY elk tag story before the story was over.

I first met my friend George while elk hunting near his camp in 2003 and we've become good friends since then sharing an elk camp every year.

He had some pretty tough luck the first 9 days of the season, but like any good elk hunter, kept with it. We drove into town on Friday to get part of our camp out as well as the 2 bulls Jess and I shot.

George and I decided to go back in last night for an evening hunt, spend the night, and then a quick morning hunt, before pulling camp. Last night was a total bust, didn't see anything. Woke up at 4:45 this morning had some breakfast and talked about where to try for an hour or two. We decided on a place we had been seeing elk all week. Got there about 10 minutes after legal shooting time, snow was just starting to let up. The elk read the script and we soon had 25 elk walking 80 yards in front us. George got all set and as one of the last 4-5 cows crossed in front of us, he shot and had his elk for 2021. He used my 7-08 and it worked just as well for him. George turns 80 in about 3 weeks and I sure hope I'm still spending 10 nights in a wall tent at elk camp when I'm that age...let alone killing an elk.

IMG_20211024_074141833.jpg

Well done ! You are a good friend to help that seasoned, 'ol elk hunter out.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back