WTB: S & W 629 4 inch

I have a 629 Mountain. Not really sure it is for sale but I might be talked out of it. Frickin' most painful gun I've ever shot except for the TC contender .44 barrel and target grips. Anyway, I have one, I don't shoot it, condition excellent. Might be persuaded. Have to think on it.
Before rifles were legal here in the Hoosier state I used a .308 Win out of a 15 in Encore pistol with walnut grip and I have noticed over the years the grip is starting to crack. mtmuley will like this... A friend of mine had a 7mm Rem Mag barrel cut to 15in for his Encore pistol. Because it was a Rifle barrel he had to use the rifle forend vs the short pistol forend. He had a shooting bench with outdoor carpet on it. When he fired the thing the muzzle flame set the outdoor carpet on fire....and no I didn't shoot it to see what it was like!

I really don’t think it’s that bad. It’s got some punch, but not overwhelming. After getting mine, I’ll grab that first over my other 9’s or 357.
A friend handed me his with a 305 gr Hardcast over a hot charge with the wood grips still on and the first shot brought blood on my right hand near the base of my thumb.. made me not bitch about how heavy my 629 is 😁

A friend handed me his with a 305 gr Hardcast over a hot charge with the wood grips still on and the first shot brought blood on my right hand near the base of my thumb.. made me not bitch about how heavy my 629 is 😁
Oh ya, the wood grips are horrible. That’s just sadistic to shoot those. I bought some hogue recoil tamer grips and they’re totally worth it.

Thanks again for all the replies. Still looking. Please PM me if you have one for sale.

Thanks,
Wayne

I picked up a Taurus model 65, .357 for that purpose. It's a reliable, straight shooter for 1/3 the cost. Best of luck! On finding a pistol but more importantly on whatever hunt you are looking forward to!

629 6", Packmyre grips, tames the recoil but I have big hands and also carry a 45 Auto/ packmyre grips. I don't like finger groves on pistols, don't work with my fingers.

629 6", Packmyre grips, tames the recoil but I have big hands and also carry a 45 Auto/ packmyre grips. I don't like finger groves on pistols, don't work with my fingers.
OBTW if you go with a 629, or Astra, Colt anaconda, S&W classic hunter, 27, 28, 29 or the 610 look at Bianchi for your holster, they come in different lengths but the nice thing is they can be vertical or crossdraw, my left hand 6 1/2" was part #12687😉 options - always good😂

Lots of people can't or won't Handel the recoil. Some may only try one with wood grips, BAD idea. Rubber grips everywhere - good idea😉

Thanks, Michael. I already have a Kenai Chest holster that will fit the 629 and that's my preferred carry method when hunting out west. I appreciate the input.

The Kenai goes right underneath my AGC...seems to work well for me. Thanks again for your input and recommendations.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back