Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wrangler jeans

Prison Blue for me, but gotta buy them when you find them. Used to get them at White’s in Spokanistan, but I think they quit carrying them. Last pair I bought was 4 years ago in Bend.

Had to switch from Levi's back to wranglers. Levi's qc is horrible. You can buy 3 pair of the same size... one you can't button, the other fit good, 3rd falls off your ass. Garbage.

I've have the same problem with the Wrangler retro jeans, literally can't just go in and buy the size I have on, have to try on every pair. Then the back pockets blow out after about 6 months. New jeans are a guilty pleasure of mine, but my wife is getting annoyed...

So I like Wrangler Riggs series of pants. The Ranger series is rip stop tougher than hell UNTIL this year. They are great for hunting since in green color. Bought pair brought them home and nothing like my older pairs. Did Wrangler just hit the cheap button?
Yup.
I have several pairs and they have been some of my favorites.
Ordered two pairs a couple of months ago and they are not even close to the same class of pant. Way thinner, like you would expect to see through them thin! They quit putting the narrow side pockets on the legs also.

Seems like EVERYBODY is putting the screws to the consumer.
Gas and oil industry, gov, chicken and egg companies, clothing companies, shipping companies, vehicle manufacturers, etc.
They all took advantage of the "Covid Excuse" and got used to raking us across the coals.

I had the inseam come apart just stepping up into the back of my work van when I was still working for State of Wyoming. Had to go home and change. Had several pair that wife bought from Walmart that did the same thing.

I have worn Levi 501's for close to fifty years and their quality has gone to chit starting about 10 years ago for me. The crotch and the area above the back pockets tear out in just a few months of wear. They would normally last me a couple years. I have worn the same size(36x34) for the last 40 some years and have not gained any weight so the size is not an issue. I contacted the Levi Quality Control Department about ten years ago and told them of this issue and they said to send them in and they would inspect them. I mailed them 6 pair and they sent me 6 new pair a couple weeks. I had the same issue again 3 years later and sent them a few more pair with the same problem and they said sent them back with a note saying they had been abused and not their quality problem.

My wife bought me the wrangler retro jeans they made it couple months same thing crotch blew out of them. I told her it’s because I have giant hog nuts. She laughed she knows better. Went back to the regular old wrangler cowboy cut and they’re solid.
That's all I wear.

I gave up on Wranglers a couple of years ago. I don't want to pay $50 for the "good" wranglers. They added spandex or something to them so they stretch and tighten back up instead of loosening up around my thighs. Also like someone on here said, you need to try every pair on to make sure they fit.

Interesting thread. I just buy the amazon essentials jeans and they have held up well while working on the farm. Cheap too.

I bought a pair of Kirkland brand jeans at Costco and was pleasantly surprised. The denim is just as heavy as the Wrangler jeans I have.
I'll have to see how they hold up. Even if the only last half as long as the Wranglers they were only $12. (y)

For sheer durability I use the Duluth Firehoses in the welding shop and for the last 5+ years I have been wearing them haven't been able to put a real blemish on them. Use them for wood cutting as well. Down sides are cost and lack of breathability.

I also use the Firehose Flex pants as well. Lighter weight, INCREDIBLY comfy, good for activity and still good enough to wear out and about. When I can find them on sale I buy multiples.

I like the fit of 501s and have a couple left but, as mentioned, the quality has become laughable. Makes me sad.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back