WOW WYOMING LAND GRAB

I smell a rat. I can’t remember the last time G&F did anything to benefit my hunt areas so why should this be any different. Ranching lobby is a big player in this state and I’m sure they will benefit as usual. There said that ..... now wait for a horses head in my bed tomorrow.

At least the state will get severance and ad volorum taxes when they mine the land.

Is this still in the works? I just assumed with WY’s projected revenue taking a nosedive this was dead in the water.

Edit: I should have scrolled up

Last edited:
Yep, and hopefully not left holding the bag if things go sideways.
If your referring reclamation all mines are bonded for the reclamation costs. Any engineer you talk too will say that the assumptions dictated by the state have the mines way over bonded.

If your referring reclamation all mines are bonded for the reclamation costs. Any engineer you talk too will say that the assumptions dictated by the state have the mines way over bonded.

Yeah, well, wonder if they sub out some of the OG part. What about solar, wind?

Bonding requirements for those? Costs to deal with orphan wells, wind turbines, solar panels when the companies walk away?

Are they really? I mean I'm sure the mines think they are, but there is a surprising amount of abandoned mines currently being cleaned up by the public, so many in fact, that WY has it's own department devoted to it, and they even put out an annual magazine talking about how much they've done. http://deq.wyoming.gov/aml/

call me skeptical.

Are they really? I mean I'm sure the mines think they are, but there is a surprising amount of abandoned mines currently being cleaned up by the public, so many in fact, that WY has it's own department devoted to it, and they even put out an annual magazine talking about how much they've done. http://deq.wyoming.gov/aml/

call me skeptical.

New mines have different rules than the old ones did. It can be both true that new mines are over bonded, AND the state is cleaning up at public cost old mines there we not subject to such (or much lower) bonds. I am no WY mining expert, but my guess is this is an apples/bananas comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back