Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wounded game recovery with blood tracking dogs

Just had my 4 month Draht on his first blood track. I bought a few gallons from a local butcher, used a paint mixer on it to break it down, let it sit, broke it down again, filtered it and then put aspirin in each bottle. Seems to work good. Left a hot dog at the end of the track and took him out there 30 minutes later. Put on his thick leather blood tracking collar and commanded blood a few times. He went right down it. Course I laid the first one kind of heavy.

Let that track sit for 24 hours and put the 3 year old on it. He didn't have any troubles either though he is a monster on lead lol. The young one has slower tendencies and anticipating working with him the most. Good times. Need to thaw out some assorted road killed items I have and start up some drags with those soon too.

That’s cool I use to have a chocolate lab I used on multiple occasions to find down game we couldn’t find I’m technologically illiterate and have never listed to a podcast where would I find the one you guys did on this topic?
you can listen to it on YouTube here:

Hey Damon,

I've really enjoyed listening to all the podcasts about Jaeger. This is Nash, a 4.5 month old lab mix. We got him a month ago and are still working on obedience training but I think I'm going to start to phase in the bloodtracking training soon. This is a pic from when we first got him. Just figured I'd share!
hope you and Nash have some good hunting seasons together

Back