Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wounded game recovery with blood tracking dogs

Just had my 4 month Draht on his first blood track. I bought a few gallons from a local butcher, used a paint mixer on it to break it down, let it sit, broke it down again, filtered it and then put aspirin in each bottle. Seems to work good. Left a hot dog at the end of the track and took him out there 30 minutes later. Put on his thick leather blood tracking collar and commanded blood a few times. He went right down it. Course I laid the first one kind of heavy.

Let that track sit for 24 hours and put the 3 year old on it. He didn't have any troubles either though he is a monster on lead lol. The young one has slower tendencies and anticipating working with him the most. Good times. Need to thaw out some assorted road killed items I have and start up some drags with those soon too.

That’s cool I use to have a chocolate lab I used on multiple occasions to find down game we couldn’t find I’m technologically illiterate and have never listed to a podcast where would I find the one you guys did on this topic?
you can listen to it on YouTube here:

Hey Damon,

I've really enjoyed listening to all the podcasts about Jaeger. This is Nash, a 4.5 month old lab mix. We got him a month ago and are still working on obedience training but I think I'm going to start to phase in the bloodtracking training soon. This is a pic from when we first got him. Just figured I'd share!
hope you and Nash have some good hunting seasons together

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back