would you buy this remington

pseshooter300

I found a remington 700 bdl ss late 90's model in 7mm mag for $550 no scope. Guy is second owner said original owner shot it three times and put it up. Is this a deal? Said he dont need it and needs to sell. What are your all opinions

I often look at the auctions on a site like Gunbroker.com and see if the price looks in-line or better than what is currently on auction. My only other advice is that a guy can never have too many guns, at least I'm always wanting something.:D

It's a deal, but not necessarily a good deal. I wouldn't pay more than $500.00 for that rifle and that's only if it's in really good shape.

Not for $550. My biggest concern would be the bore. Since it is used I would ask the guy if you can take it out and shoot it. Is there a scope on it now?

I would look at what you can get a new 700 SPS Stainless. If you get a new one you know exactly how the it was taken care of. The link below is to one on gunbroker for $621.00.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=303435492

My opinion is, you should be able to get a 770 brand new with scope for that? Maybe you like the 90's and you like SS?

770's are crap. I'd take a beat-up 700 over one any day.

It's not a good deal unless you're in the market for one.

I have a 700ss in 7mm from the 90's. It has shot amazing groups from Day 1, has been abused from Day 1 during multiple trips to Alaska and another 1/2 dozen states, in and out of airplanes, dropped in more than one river, used as a boat paddle, been shot at 9000 feet and at 20 feet elevations, used as a tent pole, and a few other not recommended uses.

I think I paid about that for it new, and, it now has probably close to 20 years on it, so $25 bucks a year for a great gun? That is bargain in my book.

My experience with the same rifle almost mirros Jose's. Abused the piss out of mine, and it still shoots better than any rifle I have.

My FIL just bought a brand new SPS (same as the SS BDL) in 300wsm for $550 a few weeks ago.

If its in good shape and you want it I think its a fair deal. Doubt you'll find one for much cheaper, unless you look and look and look...

The guy told me it has only been shot three times i have only seen pictures and it looks brand new said he is second owner. guy who had it bought it new in 98 or 99 shot it three times and put it up and this guy bought it when he decided to sell and he said he hadnt got to shoot it but if i wanted to shoot it i could if i had money in hand

How much do you know about guns?

It should be pretty easy to tell if it has only been shot a handful of times if you know what to look for.

It's probably a ADL SS with a composite stock. Remington made a run of those in several calibers in the 90's. Not bad rifles, but the sold for $549 new. I'm not sure that $550 is a good price.

It's probably a ADL SS with a composite stock. Remington made a run of those in several calibers in the 90's. Not bad rifles, but the sold for $549 new. I'm not sure that $550 is a good price.

ADLs are better than BDLs, IMO.

I don't really care for floorplates.

I would not pay that much for it. I bought a new SPS a year ago for a moose hunt and I believe it cost me less than $600.

You cannot always tell how many rounds were through the rifle by looking at it. I have a Savage that I had shot lots of hot loads through and the barrel looked fine-even to the guy that ended up re-barreling it. The rifle now wears a Criterion barrel and is again a tack driver.

If you like the rifle, buy it, but I think that money is a little much.

Well i was sorta thinking the price was a tad high. I mean i can buy a new one on buds guns for $600 it is a sps ss i know the stocks are not great but this one was going to get a aftermarket stock anyways. Still thinking

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back