Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

would you buy a new remington

pseshooter300

Just wondering would any of you buy a new Remington? I been dedicated to Remington for a long time but im just really un sure about Remington quality these days. I would love to try a tikka t3. Just cant bring myself to get one but i may.

I'd buy a new Remington in a heartbeat. A Tikka? No way. I've looked at them since they first came out with the T3 and they just don't appeal to me for several reasons. With the price of new rifles these days, using a donor Remington and installing a good barrel and aftermarket stock is not a bad way to go. I know BuzzH recently built a rifle this way and he could tell you more. mtmuley

I bought an sps last year before I went to Newfoundland moose hunting. The only thing that I don't like about that rifle is that stupid trigger that is suppose to be externally adjustable. I adjusted it like the old trigger and it is now a sub-minute shooter. I personally like Savage rifles better, but it is really a coin toss.

Thinking about buying my son a 700 in 308 right now. Big R has them on clearance for $360 :D

In the last 7 years I have bought 3 new remingtons and recently came in to 2 new winchesters. IMO the remingtons are good rifles but as far as bang for your buck I would go with a Winchester.

I found a used remington 700 bdl mid 80's model 270 for $525 don't have a 270 thought about checking it out probably could get it for a little less maybe? Comes with a redfield scope

Quality-wise I don't think Remington has slipped any, however I don't think I'd buy one for two reasons:

1) Price...they've jumped considerably in the last few years. With Tikkas, Savages, and even Rugers coming in at well below Remington prices, I can't justify buying one. On the other side of Remington's price point is Kimber. If I was going to shell out Remington $$$, I'd just spend a few more and go Kimber.

2) Their current models don't appeal to me personally. I can't stand the synthetic stocks on them. And they've cut most of their Model 7's from the line up.

Would I buy a Remington? Absolutely. I picked up a XCR rifle in .270 Win. a couple of years ago that shoots sub MOA. A great gun especially for Lefties.

Pat

Stay away from the 770, the action closes up nice but has a lot of play in the bolt when fully opened. It is hard to beat the 700.
Last year I picked up a TC Ventura in 30-60 for a guided hunt with my Dad and brother in laws. Was dead on at 360 on a 390 bull.
In the process of building a 300 win mag from a savage 110 for this year… not sure I will have it done in time.
Just need the new stock but Tax man said he needed my money more than I did.

Thinking about buying my son a 700 in 308 right now. Big R has them on clearance for $360 :D

Big R doesn't have internet sales. I didn't even know that we had Big R stores that far west? Its a great store, lots of hunting and fishing stuff:D

Rem

Bought a CDL in 7mm-08 2 years ago. After adjusting trigger I love it. Of course me being a UMWA miner and Remington being represented by UMWA just icing on the cake for me.

Remington rifle....no thanks, shotgun maybe. My last 700 was a $900 POS.

BTW, I just shot a new Tikka yesterday for the first time...pretty sweet.

Anyway, there's just too many other choices for me to trust big green again at least for now.

I bought a new Rem 700 recently. Returned it and they replaced everything but the $5 stock. After 150 shots it will finally shoot less than a minute but only one load will do that. Everything else is 3". Even at that, it's better than my $1000 Kimber.
I wouldn't have another Rem or Kimber if they were free. My next rifle will be a Cabelas/Savage 6.5

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back