Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Worst Hotel you’ve ever stayed at ..

The old Nullagvik hotel in Kotebue was the worst. $300/night all the doors had a 2" gap along one side due to settlement.
That one gets my vote. I paid $300 to sleep in my sleeping bag on top of the bed. Had to wedge the window wide open to counter the 95 degree air gushing out of the heating vent.

But what about when you want that hot wing special at the Pizza Hut in Dillon, MT but also want to be able to walk there from your hotel? That one was shady. Not the worst, but on up there.
The only remotely sketchy hotel in Dillon is called the Sundowner. Its currently $58/night, Ive stayed there and I was actually pleasantly suprised, it was definately dated, but clean.

When I was a young man (80s) the Outlaw Inn was the place to stay in Kalispell. So when we were headed there for a night high school football game in 2010 I booked a room there. Holy crap how it changed. Seemed like a great big meth house. There was a damn beer pong game going on in the lobby! The rooms were disgusting. We didn’t last long.

Reactions: JCS
I like it. Lot's of good memories staying there for hunting trips. Great art to ponder in the rooms too.

I stayed in hotels close to full-time for a decade as a traveling superintendent, it's mind-blowing what gets overlooked by cleaning crews, even in nice places...
I think I've checked all the boxes on this thread about gross stuff, after a while you just call the office from the parking lot and get them to get you a better place...

Maybe the worst experience wasn't gross at all, staying in Waikiki, way up high in one of the downtown towers, power went out at about midnight, which wouldn't be bad, except it triggered the fire alarm when it went out, which sounded like an air raid siren, and was followed by a PA announcement in a ridiculous southern accent "aloha, we are working on the power" followed by maybe 2 minutes of silence, and then, what I assume was a similar announcement in Japanese, but this one was absolutely screamed, and appeared to be played on 2X speed, it went on for probably 10 minutes, all at the decibel level of a metallic concert, apparently this was on a loop and would all play about every 20 minutes, you would just get your heart rate down and fall asleep and it would all start again... then fire department started working to get people out of the elevators and their radio was also going over the PA for some reason, complete mayhem for the entire night, and the stairways were closed for firefighter access, we wondered if we were the subjects in a Psy-ops experiment...

Alex Hotel and Suites, Anchorage, AK
My Dad got absolutely eaten alive by bedbugs...to be avoided if any other options.

in the 90's On the way to North Idaho, I was too tired to go past Caldwell. Don't remember the hotel but after checking in and trying to sleep, the train traffic kept me wide awake. Left in the middle of the night and went to another hotel along the highway.

Friends and I went steelhead fishing small town Idaho. Still refer to the place as the toe nail motel.
Get into our room and always check the sheets, Huge man sized big toe nail, not the clipping, the whole nail in the sheets. Go into the bathroom attempting to shower but shower head literally comes out of the wall right above my belly button.
Went back up to ask if there was another room and the "owner?" is very apologetic and "upgrades "our room to the suite. The sweet has two king size beds on squeeky frames, Concrete floors, a broken window covered with cardboard and duct tape and a stain from the floor to ceiling in the corner. Either it was ketchup or blood, not sure which, but not cleaned up. We still joke about this but refuse to stay there anymore.

It was either a Days Inn or Comfort Inn on the west side of Gunnison by the airport, can’t remember which even though I emailed corporate to complain and I’ve never done that about any retail or restaurant experience before or since.

I was tired and frustrated after a weeks worth of elk hunting with altitude sickness and shooting the legs out from under my first bull at sunrise that morning and grid searching all day for it.

As soon as I walked into the place I knew I should have went back for another night in a tent. Lobby was dirty with a weird check in kiosk, piles of dog shit in the hallway by my room, nasty filthy room.

I slept in my sleeping bag on the bed and looked out the window at my truck all night as sketchy cars and people milled around.

I will say the Holiday Inn on the east side was very nice and clean and the breakfast was good when I stayed there a few nights prior when the altitude really hit me but it was about 2.5x the price.

You know on one visit to Chico Hot Springs; pretty nice place, we found a couple of dildoes left in a drawer. My wife was a bit upset, as our daughter was 12 or so.

Knowing what I know now, I'd just say, honey, no big deal it was probably just @Ben Lamb's road crew.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back