World Coyote Calling Championships.

ruger243223

Is anybody going? I am signed up with my brother in law. We are very excited and hopefully we can do well. Will be my first trip to NM so should be exciting. It's in Belen this year. HAPPY HUNTING

that would be sick!!!!! I read about it every year but its just dreams. Hell I've only seen like 5 coyotes up here in AK in a couple years.......

G L. Watch the wind!!!!!

Yes we have called in 3 calling tournaments before winning 1 and placing in the top 15 in the other 2. All the events we have called in have had 90-100 teams. It is very fun and competitive. I am hoping to do well here but everybody knows about hunting, sometimes good sometimes bad. I am hoping to get down to NM before the tournament to scout around a bit but we will see if that happens. HAPPY HUNTING

Sounds like fun. Have you competed before?

I did a goggle search and didn't find anything on the upcoming contest, do you have a link?

I did see that Nebraskan Les Johnson won in 2006.

Do you know Barry Stewart? I don't know if he is entered or not. He lives east of Alamogordo.

What year was your win?

We won the Midwest Coyote calling event in St Francis in 2008 and placed top 10 in 2009 then we did one in Kansas, I forgot where but it was also in 2009. I know Les as I live only 15 miles from him. I don't know barry but I have spoken with him on Predator masters. This will be our first world tryouts. Hopefully we will make a good showing. HAPPY HUNTING

Awesome. Good luck this year.

Barry and Barbara are good people.

I would like to get Les out to the ranch sometime to hunt coyotes with some of the kids in the Pass It On, Outdoor Mentors program or the Wounded Warriors. Then I want to do a doe hunt in January with either group. A reduction of the deer herd at my place of 15-20 would help and upwards of 200 in the general area would be nice. At the moment I have a lot of coyotes and deer.

A reduction of the deer herd at my place of 15-20 would help and upwards of 200 in the general area would be nice. At the moment I have a lot of coyotes and deer.
Well, if you need any help thinning out the deer let me know when to buy my tag!!! ;) I did see a few nice bucks north of Dodge up near Jetmore when hunting praire chickens a few years back.

Well, if you need any help thinning out the deer let me know when to buy my tag!!! ;) I did see a few nice bucks north of Dodge up near Jetmore when hunting praire chickens a few years back.

On those tags, I cannot sell, barter or trade them, only give them away(or use them myself), but it has to be to a Kansas resident(or someone with a lifetime Kansas license).

On the other tags, tomorrow at midnight the left over non-resident tags go on sale, first come, first serve. That is midnight Monday, June 14th(actually 12:01 AM on Tuesday the 15th). Unit 17 tags(my unit) will be available. PM me for details if interested. We may be sold out on hunts on our new deer mecca.

Byrd, I live in Dodge and could give you some help on the doe deal. If you need some help with the kids or our service men/women, let me know.

ruger, I lived in Belen for 10 years and called coyotes there. I still have some connections there. I could come up some phone numbers and some areas where I had good luck. Let me know. Wow, my Belen-Dodge connection fits this thread!

I have hunted in the World Coyote Calling Championships the past 3 years. It is a very fun and exciting hunt! It is in Belen, New Mexico this year and I plan on attending if I have enough spare time. If you plan on doing some good, you need to put in some time scouting and some luck always helps.

Our Results:

2007 Williams, AZ
5 Coyotes 13th Place (1 Bobcat they don't count)
16 Coyotes was 1st Place
2008 Cortez, CO
5 Coyotes 25th Place (2 Bobcats)
17 Coyotes was 1st Place
2009 Cortez, CO
6 Coyotes 23rd Place
18 Coyotes was 1st Place

Double digits will usually get you in the top 5 or 6. Private Ranches loaded with coyotes always help, but if your like me most of the time accessing private property is not an option. We hunt all on public open land, which is a challenge but on the right year I think you can win it on the public stuff. Every year we should of and could of finished in the TOP 10 but we had some misses...

It's a great time!! I hunt with my dad & we look at it as quality father-son time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back