Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Work/yard boots

C17loadclear

Hey guys,

I have just about wore out the last of
my last Air Force issue boots and need to buy a pair.

Just wondering what everyone is wearing around the yard and garage.

Thanks!!

I’ve enjoyed Muck brand boots here for a couple years. More often than not it’s wet here or I’m dodging land mines from the dogs. Not real tough to punctures and sweaty feet when it’s warm.

I got tired of boots that fall apart. All the brands I used to buy are junk now.
Went with a Lowa boot,light hiker. One year & happy so far.

back before I drove a desk for a living I always bought redwings but this was 30 years ago so not sure how they are now. A buddy who is a carpenter swears by Thorogood which are made in wisconsin I believe.

I'm pretty rough on boots and can generally get 2 years out of a pair of Ariat boots. Everything else that I've tried I'm lucky to get a year out of.

I’m on my 3rd pair of Ariat Workhogs in about 6 years, I am split between a desk jockey and field hand but also wear them pretty much all of the time away from work too. I will say occasionally I clean and oil them but nothing more than I would do for any other boot. I’ve been happy with them and will continue to buy them when it’s time to replace the current pair.

I’m on my 3rd pair of Ariat Workhogs in about 6 years, I am split between a desk jockey and field hand but also wear them pretty much all of the time away from work too. I will say occasionally I clean and oil them but nothing more than I would do for any other boot. I’ve been happy with them and will continue to buy them when it’s time to replace the current pair.
I wear these as well. Lasted a long time.

Been buying Danner Quarry’s for the past 5 years or so after I swore off Redwings. Stiff break-in period but the most comfortable work book I’ve ever used. Even with cleaning and oiling, I can’t get much more than a year out of them though, just like every other boot I’ve tried.

I have a second pair of Meindl boots, identical to my first pair that I use for hunting. Thanks to someone here selling them used (barely), I figured if they were good enough for hunting they would be even better for cutting wood, building goose coops (today's chore), fencing, etc. And they are. Best thing I ever did for my feet.

Try the Thorogood‘s. I am a union tradesman in Chicago and I see more people wearing these than any other brand. I’ve been wearing them for probably 10+ years now I have had great luck with them. Made in USA quality boot.

For working around the house I like the "hot" military style boots from Danner, guessing maybe that's the kind you're currently wearing? They are comfortable, tread not too aggressive, not waterproof, and non insulated.

Try the Thorogood‘s. I am a union tradesman in Chicago and I see more people wearing these than any other brand. I’ve been wearing them for probably 10+ years now I have had great luck with them. Made in USA quality boot.
Same, guy at work here swears by them also gonna give them a try next.

Just wondering what everyone is wearing around the yard and garage.

Thanks!!
Usually the pair of Running Shoes I wore out earlier that year.

You can get a pair of work boots with your name on them, and probably make them last for 10 plus years.

In the long run you spend less...

Back when I actually worked for living as a machinist I swore by Redwing. Then tried a pair of Thorogood because we had to buy off the truck out back. Never have owned another pair of Redwings.

I shame Danner a lot for their hunting boots but a friend just got the Made in USA Danner Quarry insulated ones and they look to be well built. Time will tell about their durability but they seem to be vastly superior to those I've seen from their imported hunting lines. If a person has access to GovX or similar you should be able to a good price on them.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back