Wool hunting clothing

I bought a Filson mackinaw jacket back around new years with some cash from Christmas. It was 50 % off and I had always wanted one. Hope to wear it for years and pass it down.

Wool is still the norm around here. Way more Johnson WM, Pendleton, Filson and LLBean in the woods here, than First Lite, Sitka, Kuiu, etc.
I guess I’ve gone down both roads. Kuiu, for my western ventures as well as spring/early fall here in MN.

By the time deer season and ice fishing seasons come around the wool starts making sense. It’s heavy, and wind can penetrate, that permeability though keeps the sweat moving out away from the skin. A dapper 3 piece suit of Filson Mackinaw wool. With a silk weight layer next to skin, I’m pretty set for a winter day.

The modern hunting gear can be made to work. However, it hasn’t bested the old fashioned woolens, if all around performance is the measure.

I guess I’ve gone down both roads. Kuiu, for my western ventures as well as spring/early fall here in MN.

By the time deer season and ice fishing seasons come around the wool starts making sense. It’s heavy, and wind can penetrate, that permeability though keeps the sweat moving out away from the skin. A dapper 3 piece suit of Filson Mackinaw wool. With a silk weight layer next to skin, I’m pretty set for a winter day.

The modern hunting gear can be made to work. However, it hasn’t bested the old fashioned woolens, if all around performance is the measure.
And nothing is as quiet as wool.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back