Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Woodworking Anybody?

idnative1948

Starting to look for a bandsaw pre-retirement. And no, will not be used for cutting meat.

Would be used for some re-sawing of old reclaimed lumber and such.
Brands to stay away from without breaking the bank?

This might be little more than your looking for :D
The Delta in my shop does a good job however.

Attachments

• 73370013.jpg
    73370013.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 214
Oh, NOW I am in love!!!! I could do some damage with that at our cabin.

Serious, will check Delta out. I have one of their contractor tablesaws and has served me well. Good blades make all the difference.

This might be little more than your looking for :D
The Delta in my shop does a good job however.

Larry, I've had one of the Taiwan/China knockoffs which I got at an auction thirty years ago and it has performed yeoman service ever since. I had a guy weld me up a bunch of different size blades of differing tooth combinations and am still using most of them. Have even cut up meat with it but it's a pain to sterilize and clean up. It might be a JET brand, can't remember.

I stored a band saw for a bub for two years and returned it to him a H of a lot better than when he brought it to me. Pretty much rebuilt the head, three different blades. He was a happy camper but during that time I cut and built two quarter sawn oak rocking chairs for the girls. So all was not a total loss other than knowing how a piece of equipment was going to react to a different wood or situation.

Larry, I've had one of the Taiwan/China knockoffs which I got at an auction thirty years ago and it has performed yeoman service ever since. I had a guy weld me up a bunch of different size blades of differing tooth combinations and am still using most of them. Have even cut up meat with it but it's a pain to sterilize and clean up. It might be a JET brand, can't remember.

I did that very thing, purchased a woodmizer, pre-retirement. I saw on a per/thousand fee and stay pretty busy. I have hunted in Idaho and would love to bring my mill out there and get into some of those large pine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back