Womens hunting boots

MTelkHuntress

I have such a hard time finding good hunting boots. Right now I have the newer womens fit Danner boots. They are the best fitting boots I've ever had, but I hiked almost 400 miles this season and they already have holes in them. I've been eyeing a pair of Crispis but I just want to see what other options are out there and what people think of them. I primarily archery hunt so I dont need a super warm boot, but waterproof or resistant would be great.

My wife bought a pair of crispi Wyoming last summer. She doesn't have a ton of time in them, but likes them a lot. She's a size 6.5. Seemed like a great all-round boot to me. You can get a number of the Lowa boots in womens as well. In missoula, you ought to be able to try stuff on, do you have an REI? obviously, next time you're in bozeman do some boot shopping.

Kenetrek, Crispi all make them. If you can afford those mentioned they'll last you a long time if there comfortable!

I got a pair of the Kennetrek women’s Mountain Extremes a couple of seasons ago. Have worn them hunting in Montana and Alaska and they are great. I like a sturdy, supportive boot due to a history of ankle injuries, and these have been great in some super steep and rugged country.

I have such a hard time finding good hunting boots. Right now I have the newer womens fit Danner boots. They are the best fitting boots I've ever had, but I hiked almost 400 miles this season and they already have holes in them. I've been eyeing a pair of Crispis but I just want to see what other options are out there and what people think of them. I primarily archery hunt so I dont need a super warm boot, but waterproof or resistant would be great.

Like hunting wife, I have had good luck with Kennetrek. I did however, years ago quit trying to have "a" pair of hunting boots and decided I needed to have several, depending on the type of terrain, cold or heat, etc. You live and hunt in Montana and dont need a super warm boot---you are a better woman than I----(-;

Like hunting wife, I have had good luck with Kennetrek. I did however, years ago quit trying to have "a" pair of hunting boots and decided I needed to have several, depending on the type of terrain, cold or heat, etc. You live and hunt in Montana and dont need a super warm boot---you are a better woman than I----(-;

I’m also guilty of having a boot for every condition. Insulated pacs, uninsulated pacs, insulated leather tall, uninsulated leather tall, early season lower top....it never ends.

My wife bought a pair of crispi Wyoming last summer. She doesn't have a ton of time in them, but likes them a lot. She's a size 6.5. Seemed like a great all-round boot to me. You can get a number of the Lowa boots in womens as well. In missoula, you ought to be able to try stuff on, do you have an REI? obviously, next time you're in bozeman do some boot shopping.
We do have Rei but last time I looked they just didnt have very many womens boots that seemed to have some good ankle support. I've noticed the selection for womens boots around here tends to be very limited.

If Crispi fits you, they are really good boots. I’d put them in the upper end of all brands I’ve worn, to include Lowa, Zamberlan, Schnee’s.

My wife hunts Colorado high country DIY with me every year. She has had womens Meindels Denali last couple years. But this year she bought bunch to try out and decided which to keep. She had Kenetrek, Zamberland, Crispi, and new Meindels.
She kept the Crispi Dakotas over every other one she tried.

I hate shopping but when my gal started complaining about her boots I went through a similar situation. Stores in Vegas just don't have the selection of women hunting boots she was looking for. Was able to find some enough choices in Utah after a few different stores. Her final choices were down to Crispi and Kenetrek up there and she chose the Kenetrek but when I tried on the men's versions they seemed very similar. Good luck in your search.

Crispis are great. We tried finding my girlfriend a pair of "hunting" boots and there just weren't enough options around us so we actually went into hiking sections and tried on trekking boots. She ended up loving some asolo boots that have been really durable and comfortable for her.

I just purchased two pairs of Asolo's from Sierra Trading Post and they appear to be sturdy and durable. My Schnee's women Beartooth's lasted less than a year. We'll see how the Asolo's hold up.

If your feet are able to find a cross over in men's, I bought my wife Danner Canadians. We do a ton of back country hiking, and a lot of vertical as well....The soles last well, and we clean and treat them after every hunt. I've had one pair last over 20 years before I replaced them. All my current boots have over 7 years on them and tons of miles, and no issues at all....I do only use them for hunting if that matters.....my 2 cents

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions! I think I got it narrowed down to a couple options now. I just want to make sure before I spend a bunch of money on a pair...that will hopefully last more than a season or two.... or beyond would be even better. Much appreciated!

Longevity is completely subjective. I’m happy if I get two full seasons out of a pair of boots, let alone three. The environment you wear them in has a huge bearing on this. Decomposed granite or basalt are very hard on boots.

There's a killer deal on a pair of women's Kenetreks on the Missoula Craigslist right now. mtmuley

Some great info above, my daughter, age 24, needs a pair of leather mountain boots with durable soles for backpacking and decent height for stream crossing. We will look at all brands mentioned above but does anyone have advice on which on-line retailers have good selections and good return policies? I'd like her to try on at least 3 different brands, wear them around the house, and return what doesn't fit well. She lives in a rural area so going to a big city is not an option. Thanks for any advice!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back