Caribou Gear Tarp

Wolves kill cow near Fishtail

Thanks for posting that article. This is my family's neighbor. There was a sow griz this august/sept that killed a lot of cows. Before that there was very few livestock predation by any animals. Its general consensus that she kinda showed the wolves how easy cows are to kill.

"The pack is comprised of a female alpha, a yearling and four pups." This is almost comical. I can tell you for a fact theres more than 6 wolves in that area. Theres been wolves there since a year or 2 after they put them back in the park. Early on they were saying there was 1 or 2 wolves yet the lion guys in that country had 4 or 5 sets tracks following their dogs and that was late 90's early 2000s. They're bold too, walking right up to lion hounds in their pens and walking straight down the middle of the road. The about 9 tracks in the road didn't belong to a alpha female a yearling and pups. These were full grown mature wolves.

Think I've got their loop figured out so hopefully soon there'll be a few on the ground.

Yeah I heard from a guy today that he was up by Nye hunting this last November and there was wolf tracks everywhere. I live in Billings so I've thought about going up there and giving it a try.

The wolves have been in the drainage for ~2 yrs. They are following the Butcher Creek elk herd that spends most of its time between the Lazy EL and Switchbacks holdings on both sides of 78. There was a large male and female trapped just outside Roscoe in late December.

The wolves have been in the drainage for ~2 yrs. They are following the Butcher Creek elk herd that spends most of its time between the Lazy EL and Switchbacks holdings on both sides of 78. There was a large male and female trapped just outside Roscoe in late December.

~2 years?? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I beg to differ. So do most in the area. Heard about those 2 by Roscoe. Haven't had the chance to talk to the fella who did it but heard the male was about 130 lbs the female about 85. That guy is a wolf killing machine. I think he's killed 5 in the past 2 years.

No the wolves have been in the Fishtail/Absarokee area for a long time. Just ask Banner Stokke, the Dentist from Absarokee, i believe he lost a dog to the pack years ago.

I recall seeing lots of wolf activity on the Palisades Ranch at the base of Red Lodge Ski Mtn in 2012 & 2013. No shortage of 'em there.

No the wolves have been in the Fishtail/Absarokee area for a long time. Just ask Banner Stokke, the Dentist from Absarokee, i believe he lost a dog to the pack years ago.

Couldn't agree with you more. Rumor has it Wolf #27 from yellowstone had her first litter on the headwaters of the Stillwater. June '97 there was a wolf shot for killing sheep.

Also, this whole time they've been saying theres only 6 wolves in the area....between the government trapper and hunters they've killed 12 this year.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back