Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wolves in Nevada???

They are currently listed as a game animal in Nevada (I seem to remember that designation being done 15 or so years ago). I am not sure how the federal designation has an impact on Nevada's ability to "manage" them (seasons, depredation rules, etc).

Wondering if these are super wolves that'll eat every Elk in the state in a matter of months, like the Colorado wolves will supposedly do?

Wondering if these are super wolves that'll eat every Elk in the state in a matter of months, like the Colorado wolves will supposedly do?
Sarcasm I assume. Just wait for Colorado PUBLIC land elk numbers in 5-10 years. Elk numbers will be drastically reduced and a much larger percentage of the elk will be down on private and close to town etc. look at Idaho wilderness units and lolo zone elk numbers-pre and post wolves. I dont know what a super wolf is but the numbers dont lie. In Idaho we have 30 years of real results of wolves on the landscape. The Nevada wolves seemed inevitable with the shared border of Idaho.

Interesting how it seems ok to poach wolves in some people's opinion. mtmuley
If they deny that wolves are present, as was done here for more than a decade in the face of tons of evidence, and then be faced with short sighted, political reintroduction to multiply numbers exponentially there are perspectives YOU may not share.....given what those same wolves are up to a few miles away in ID and Idaho's unlimited wolf trapping season on top of regular hunting season, the declaration of "poaching" given the shit show that is "wolf mangagement" across the entire northern tier of the United States is interesting. Reasonable people are sometimes required to act in the absence of reasonable government.

If they deny that wolves are present, as was done here for more than a decade in the face of tons of evidence, and then be faced with short sighted, political reintroduction to multiply numbers exponentially there are perspectives YOU may not share.....given what those same wolves are up to a few miles away in ID and Idaho's unlimited wolf trapping season on top of regular hunting season, the declaration of "poaching" given the shit show that is "wolf mangagement" across the entire northern tier of the United States is interesting. Reasonable people are sometimes required to act in the absence of reasonable government.
Yeah. Worked great in Montana. I had the opportunity more than once to do the idiotic SSS thing. I don't poach. Have at it if you can justify it. Teach your kids too. mtmuley

If I learned anything from Hunt Talk on the topic of wolves, it’s that wolves have no impact on ungulate populations.

Any decrease in such populations is due only to climate change and nonresident hunters.

We need a lot more unmanaged wolves on the landscape.

Sheep ranchers feel the same way about bighorns, should they just SSS every bighorn they see?

Some ranchers even feel the same about elk, deer, and pronghorn...you think they should shoot on sight every elk, deer, and pronghorn they see?

Poaching isn't the answer. For the record, how many days have you spent wolf hunting?

You tell yourself whatever you want. I can tell you're of the type that if it doesn't directly affect you, you don't care
It doesn't affect me? I live in Montana. We have wolves. I'm not blind or ignorant to anything. My initial post was about poaching wolves. If you are a poacher, that's on you. Gee phucking wiz. mtmuley

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back