Wolf hunt in wisconsin

I believe the WI DNR has a good plan in place already for the wolf hunts. They just weren't prepared to open it up this year when they had the chance. I can't see how having a season immediately is going to have any impact on the antis plans for next year.

I'm interested to tune in though and excited to get some hunts going next fall.

Winter is still young. I agree it should open ASAP. Lots of time for hunting and trapping this winter.

I think state law requires a wolf hunt to begin on Nov 1 or the weekend closest to Nov 1. Starting one now would require a change to state law, and the divide between legislature and governor will make that difficult.

And the state has been sued to challenge the delisting

I listened to most of the meeting. Nearly 50 people testified. The board kicked around some ideas, but failed to pass anything. Meeting adjourned after about 5 hours. It seems that tribal treaty rights may have been the big issue causing some board members to not support an immediate hunt.

There was strong criticism of DNR for not have a plan in place for this eventuality; I think I heard strong support to kill damage-causing wolves; look for a wolf management plan to be developed soon, and look for a wolf hunt in Nov 21 if a lawsuit doesn't take us back to endangered or threatened status.

Hunter Nation is a joke of a group. Wolves are just another excuse for the crybaby hunters in this state. First it was the tribes, then the DNR, now the wolves.....soon it will be on to the next. Sorry to be harsh but all the stories about how awful, terrible, horrific things are in the north are simply that.......stories

As stated, state law requires a specific starting date. The wolf hunt will proceed next year. Hunter Nation can demand all they want, the world will keep turning and they can keep filling their gravity deer feeders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back