Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

wolf hunt in MN started 3 Nov

Got some wolf pics on my phone. I am surprised how many have been killed, given how thick that cover is back there.

Hope they kill all that is the qouta, I'm not a fan of them, I really think they are a factor of are low deer herd.

How many have been killed? Did they have a certain quota? I know that they have plenty of them up there. We canoe into the BWCA every year in late July and see them almost every year. Fin, you are right, I would think they would be hard to hunt because its so thick. We had one come to the shore line last year. . . he was just cruising the shore looking. Very beautiful and smart animals. ( would make a great rug too) :)

We are pushing 70 down so far. Sounds like most were just opportunities while deer hunting.

Quota is 400 total, between the two seasons and trapping.

We are pushing 70 down so far. Sounds like most were just opportunities while deer hunting.

Quota is 400 total, between the two seasons and trapping.

passinthru, thats awesome! I assumed that most of the oppurtunities would be while deer hunting. 400 is a bigger number than I would have guessed. What are they saying the total population is?

From what I heard one of the NE units hit their quota the first weekend. MN has an estimated population of 3000 wolves.

Just joined this, How do you post your own forum thanks

Welcome to OYOA. To start your own thread:
click on "Forums​
Pick the forum that matches your thread topic​
Click "new thread" and have at it.​
I think most users here like stories with pics.

forgot to ask what a tag was running up there?

$30 for a res. $250 for nonres. It is a lottery drawing, with twenty thousand plus applying for six thousand tags. No luck for me, but a buddy drew, so I'm heading up for second season with him.

Right after we get back from mulie hunting.

Back