Wisconsin DNR

$100.00 resident tags is one beef
drawing with limited amount of tags issued is my second beef.
So say out of the 2000 tags issued 200 are drew by wolf lovers that will never spend the money on the tag that right there is a $20,000.00 loss. Why would they not issue unlimited tags at a lower price and keep the quota the same?

I also heard 85 tags will be issued to the indians that have no intension of harvesting any wolves.

yep $500.00 for non res I dont even know if they are issuing a certain % to res/non res or if its just a luck of the draw.

Limited amount of tags is just down right dumb...MN is making the same mistake. $100 is a lot for R too.

$100.00 resident tags is one beef
drawing with limited amount of tags issued is my second beef.
So say out of the 2000 tags issued 200 are drew by wolf lovers that will never spend the money on the tag that right there is a $20,000.00 loss. Why would they not issue unlimited tags at a lower price and keep the quota the same?

Just had to ask. I totally agree with you. If issued tags are not bought will they be reissued? I know the Indians won't use theirs. Doesn't even sound like they will issue 2000 tags now. Last I heard they are talking 1200 tags. Over 13000 apps as of the other day. less than 10% odds of drawing and they are figuring maybe 1% success rate. Don't know if it's to appease the Dane County lawsuit or not. I was thinking they should have left application fee at $3 same as bear, and tag fee at $46.

I am just happy they are making an attempt, however small it may be, to take some out. Haven't heard of many wolf lovers applying but that isn't to say it isn't happening big time. Things could change between now and Oct 15 when season is scheduled to open so don't hold your breath. Could be 13000 people getting a preference point?

Agreed my friend...Like MNHunter said MN is doing the same thing and they are issueing some 6000 tags and are hoping for around 400 wolves to be taken. Um yeah that isnt anywhere realistic with the northwoods landscape. I am betting less then 100 are taken.

Just had to ask. I totally agree with you. If issued tags are not bought will they be reissued? I know the Indians won't use theirs. Doesn't even sound like they will issue 2000 tags now. Last I heard they are talking 1200 tags. Over 13000 apps as of the other day. less than 10% odds of drawing and they are figuring maybe 1% success rate. Don't know if it's to appease the Dane County lawsuit or not. I was thinking they should have left application fee at $3 same as bear, and tag fee at $46.

I am just happy they are making an attempt, however small it may be, to take some out. Haven't heard of many wolf lovers applying but that isn't to say it isn't happening big time. Things could change between now and Oct 15 when season is scheduled to open so don't hold your breath. Could be 13000 people getting a preference point?[/QUOTE

Those prices you mentioned is kinda what I was thinking the price should be,that would be more reasonable. I doubt they would reissue any tags for the ones not bought,Wisconsin has never reissued any unbought bear tags or turkey tags, or otter tags or bobcat tags so I doubt wolf tags would be different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back