Wisconsin DNR estimates elk herds at about 500

cheeser

The way I read it was 8 were legally taken in the Clam Lake herd and 2 illegally in Jackson.

The illegal ones from the fall report were taken by deer hunters mistaking them for whitetail deer during the gun deer season.
The norther herd has been continue to push east and have been east of hwy 13. The DNR from what I was told was actively trying to keep them west of hwy 13 and relocating some of them closer to clam lake.

As long as they stay in my backyard I am happy to have them around.

The way I read it was 8 were legally taken in the Clam Lake herd and 2 illegally in Jackson.

The illegal ones from the fall report were taken by deer hunters mistaking them for whitetail deer during the gun deer season.
The norther herd has been continue to push east and have been east of hwy 13. The DNR from what I was told was actively trying to keep them west of hwy 13 and relocating some of them closer to clam lake.

As long as they stay in my backyard I am happy to have them around.
Reading comprehension is not strong this morning. My fault.

Yep, same here Chad- would be cool to start seeing (or at least hearing) them up there.

Wasn’t there a bull moose roaming around a year or two ago as well?

Would love to see that Jackson County herd expand about 30 miles north, to my backyard.
We get a bull or two looking for love every fall, up around my neighborhood
Not that I wouldn't love to see them go in every direction but don't you think it would be cooler to see them expand and take over in a movement south and west? Hearing elk bugle from those coulees would be something else.

That would be cool, but it starts to get pretty fragmented down that way- who knows, maybe they’d make a go of it. I agree that would be awesome.

Not that I wouldn't love to see them go in every direction but don't you think it would be cooler to see them expand and take over in a movement south and west? Hearing elk bugle from those coulees would be something else.
Be cool to see them in the bluffs along the Mississippi River.
I'm coming from the point of there being around 200,000 acres of public land, between my place and the Jackson County herd. The area south and west of there is almost all private.

Would love to see that Jackson County herd expand about 30 miles north, to my backyard.
We get a bull or two looking for love every fall, up around my neighborhood
I have had them roam right through my land along the black river a couple times already. Just north of Neillsville. 2 cows and last year a 6X bull was rutting around right by HOG corners

How long before the Indians get to kill the lion's share of them during a controlled hunt?
As far as I know, they should. I may be wrong but the Elk would not be in the Jackson county area if it was all the work of the useless DNR. I heard the tribe said they were going to do it alone if the DNR dragged their feet any longer

This cow made it toSouth Central Juneau County back in spring of 2017 and was on our farm for the last few weeks in October. Heard she made it to Northern Sauk County after deer rifle season. She was euthanized because the area she was in had positive cwd cases.

Attachments

• IMG951563.jpg
    IMG951563.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG95.jpg
    IMG95.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 4
Mine too NEW, happy to make that donation.

I’m honestly not sure how I would feel elk hunting in Wisconsin. I mean I’d obviously go if I drew, but it would have a weird feel to it.

Back