PEAX Equipment

Wisconsin deer hunters

174in

Hope you all had better luck than I did.Didnt see a single deer all day and I could see alot of land.Im missing western hunting already sitting all day in one spot and not seeing deer is not the kind of hunting for me.

Hope you all had better luck than I did.Didnt see a single deer all day and I could see alot of land.Im missing western hunting already sitting all day in one spot and not seeing deer is not the kind of hunting for me.

Not sure what kind of terrain you are hunting in Wisconsin but where I grew up hunting in MN it wasnt always best to be able to see alot of land. Especially during the rut, your best bet was in the thick stuff on a travel route. Couldnt see for more than 60 or 70 yards a lot of the time. Hope you have better luck today if you're heading back out

Not sure what kind of terrain you are hunting in Wisconsin but where I grew up hunting in MN it wasnt always best to be able to see alot of land. Especially during the rut, your best bet was in the thick stuff on a travel route. Couldnt see for more than 60 or 70 yards a lot of the time. Hope you have better luck today if you're heading back out

agree, it is just nuts the number of huge bucks on trucks going to the registration stations. The rut is still going strong costing alot of big bucks their lives.

Hunted the Dunnville bottoms. Couldn't see more than maybe 80 yards. Saw 1 deer at 7am. Don't know what it was. 3pm saw big boy chasing doe. Luckily the doe kept close and put the smackdown on an 11 pt with the Winchester 12 ga. Hunted till 11 am today, didn't see anything. Had to quit to butcher deer as temp climbed into the 50's. Saw an awful lot of does and fawns at registration station.
Did get to help a gal and her son drag and haul a nice 9pt. Son (about 12 I guess) asked if the bullet hole looked like a 20 ga or 12 ga hole. I asked "What were you shooting?" He replied 20 ga. I said it looked like a 20 ga hole and he whooped and tagged it. Evidently Mom and son both shot at the same time. Kinda made my day.

I have been hunting a brushy draw that connects two big tracks of woods together wide open to the north and south of me.I thought for sure the deer would travel this route when getting pushed by hunters,problem is no one is pushing them.I did see one doe this morning and she came out of the draw and walked across the wide open to get to the woods to the east of me without a care in the world. Anyhow I got sick of sitting and waiting for something that wasnt going to show up so I hooked onto the boat and took my dad to the river bottoms for some deer drives on the public land where people actually hunt and not just sit. Well I got shots at three different does that I jumped and missed all 3 of them with 12 gauge slugs at less than 30yds. Havnt seen a horn yet.

Spent the weekend hunting ft McCoy. Day one...nothing, day two...two doe that coulldnt get a shot at. Still have some hope, hunting local ground the rest of the season looks like. Good luck to the rest of you looks like Im going to need it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back